Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to thank all the folks that made the COG Prorally happen. It was very well organized, the stages were great, the rally was compact, the scenery was unparalled, there were no hitches from an organizational standpoint (that we were aware of), and the town is very cool. We'll be back, for sure.

Bob Olson (Conrad concurs)

Edit: the Rally America folks did a great job as well, as usual...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
>Mike, I'm confused by your comments here and elsewhere,
>versus your comment here;
>
>http://www.specialstage.com/forum/cgi-bin/DCForumID2/2893.html#61
>
>Explain please. TIA

post 61 was refering to the one stage w/too high of a speed in his opinion. "BTW - EVERYTHING else about Cog simply ROCKED! It's certainly on my list for next year." was the last line of his post.

kind of a love the child disaprove of the behavior kind of thing i think.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Cog was absolutely perfect for our first stage rally. Everyone did a great job, and the weather and road conditions couldn't have been better! Thanks you guys!!

Tom

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I would like to take this time and thank the organizing committee and SCCA officials and especially communication and control volunteers that put in 100 percent to the rally. I am glad the rain stopped on Friday and made great conditions to rally the next few days.

I would like to thank the Holiday Inn for sponsoring us and accomadated to our needs as well as to other teams.

Glad to see all the teams out there giving their all and being safe at the same time. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves.....

Hey, I was the one who noticed first the Julie Lin boots...she made a fashion statement at parc expose...you go girl!

Our team was pleased with the results and enjoyed our time at Steamboat Springs/COG rally. Of course we would had loved to made a tighter race for the overall; but it did not happen..so congrats to Pat Richard; but we clinched the open class championship and WON at COG!!!

Now there is the race with the co-drivers between John Dillon and Natalie Richard at LSPR... so be on the outlook on who will take the overall in that area....

Again thanks to COG!

Denise McMahon
Team Manager
Widget Rally Team - Car 374 (Syles/Dillon)

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
>Now there is the race with the co-drivers between John
>Dillon and Natalie Richard at LSPR... so be on the outlook
>on who will take the overall in that area....
>
>Again thanks to COG!
>
>Denise McMahon
>Team Manager
>Widget Rally Team - Car 374 (Syles/Dillon)

I thought you were going to say be on the outlook for who between them wins the boot/shoe contest }>

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
I concur that the organizers and workers deserve a big thank you.

And what do you mean about stage 3 being too fast? We took it very slow as we were sitting in the tow truck with Stroke, the tow truck driver's dog, eating our score card, nibbling fingers, etc. We got to see the scenery go by very slowly indeed darn it. Any one have a spare Saab transmission laying around?:p
Richard

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Hey now that is a good one!!!! boot/shoe contest.....

Maybe we need to ask both of them to bring their boots and whomever wins...uses the boot to kick the other one out.....

Well, I do give both good luck at LSPR...both are deserving on the win.

Denise McMahon

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Richard,

Did Stroke chew on you the whole way back to service?

I had to ride next to Stroke all the way to Steamboat and I still look like I was in a cat fight. Pretty funny

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Juanita almost ended up with pierced ears. And at one point Stroke was standing with his front feet on the mirror and his back feet on the window ledge. I had a firm grip to keep him from falling out but he was completely fearless. We were saved from serious injury when Stroke fell asleep on the floor.:7
Richard
PS: The driver's name was also Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts