Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Ray, Donna and all involved!!
Well done at new venue. As crew member, not having to move made life easier. Lots to do when car is out. Only complaint-more water was needed on Special Stage.
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to agree. This year was great. I would really like to express the great job that the sweep crew did on the Super special stage. They had to pull a lot of cars, and did so in a timely fashion. As far as the water is concerned. i would have welcomed more water, but from what i could tell the drivers hated more water as it made that track very slick. so you either dust the everyone in the area, or ya slip and slide around...

·
Registered
542 Posts
The new site is awesome.
Great potential for all kinds of Super Special configurations (after they get the hang of making a jump that is exciting, but not deadly (we nosed in pretty hard and bent stuff but managed to not do a "double nose pick" (that's a Pastrana-ism for Seamus) and the radiator held). Later they smoothed the jump (neutered it) and it was BORING for runs 3 and 4...

The service area and having central service was terrific. Ray and crew, with the help of Subaru Western Region, put on an awesome event. The displays inside the expo hall were good, food was good, power washer on-site was good, layout and timing and real-time scores were all good. I was impressed and pleased. Rally radio needs some technical help, but is a great idea.

All my crew and friends could see immediately by the real time scores, that we had an off on Friday night, but were able to get back on the road and rip off some good stage times. On Saturday we had a great run up Del Sur on our Silverstones (no flats, no problems unlike many others). It was a bummer to have Havir break while I was beating him on the Super Special #2 and then a bigger bummer to have my transmission finally fail (after 2.5 years running it)on the latter part of Liebra Mountain (WHAT A FUN STAGE!).

We had a choice to try to finish Maxwell and Leona without second gear, but decided to limp it down the mountain and back to service (probably a wise choice, but sad).

Besides thanking SUBARU, Ray, Donna, Michael, Paula and crew, I really want to thank my crack service crew of Kala, Shadd and Bill for keeping us in the top 10 throughout the rally until we broke. Also thanks to co-driver Jeff PRice who had to really hoof it to get me unstuck on Friday night when I hung one tire out over the edge and dangling in space while high centered...

Pe

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
Just want to echo Jeff's comments.

I thought the event was fantastic. Hats and helmets off to Ray, Donna, the Gibeaults, Roger Allison, the McMahons and everybody involved in any way!

The event ran incredibly smoothly, with not one delayed stage start, and running the Friday roads and Leona Ridge in reverse was a cool trick!

And the single-venue service worked great for the crews and the fans. And the transits were still reasonably short.

All in all, A+, mates!

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts