Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a little while now since OTPR, and I've had some time to think.

A good portion of the time, it seems that a lot of the posts here tend to be negative towards the SCCA and other associated groups. Whether or not it is deserved seems to be relative to the individual posting the comments.

From my perspective as a crew member at OTPR, I just want to say "Thanks" to everyone involved at the OTPR event and the way that things were handled after the tragic accident. Some aspects are still very difficult for me to deal with; and while it was highly frustrating not having any official word as to what had happened until Saturday night, my inconvenience is minimal compared to that of the families involved.

I truly think it was handled the best way possible.

So, thanks SCCA, PRB, OTPR organizers and workers, Team Subaru and all others that I may not be aware of. In the face of such a tragedy, you did an excellent job of handling the situation in a unified manner.

With sincerest THANKS for your efforts on behalf of the sport of Rally, and heartfelt condolences to the families,

Rob Marssdorf

·
Registered
240 Posts
I to would like to thank the SCCA, Subaru, and the organizers for there very thoughtfull and professtional actions. It makes me feel like maybe Pro rally dose have a future as pro if we can hope that thease kinds of thoughtfull coperative decisions can continue. Forest

·
Vote Libertarian next time!
447 Posts
>while it was highly frustrating not having any official
>word as to what had happened until Saturday night, my
>inconvenience is minimal compared to that of the families
>involved.

You answered your own question. The reason we had to wait so long to inform competitors and even our own organzing crew was because it took that long to confirm that the families had been notified. I believe everyone can agree that they deserved to know first from officials and not from the internet or some reporter calling their home.

Hopefully this is the last time someone/anyone voices their displeasure about not being in the loop about it before proper action was taken to protect the familes.

John Elkin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I certainly hope you don't construe my post as whining about not being in the loop - it was certainly not intended to be read that way.
It was an attempt to bring light to the "big picture" through an explanation of what I experienced.
I understood at the time that proper notification needed to occur, yet the frustration remained. Largely a feeling of helplessness I think.

One of the reasons I wanted to post my comments is that a lot of times, doing the right thing and sticking to it can be very difficult and I was very impressed by how well everyone came together and provided a unified message, despite the difficulty in doing so.
That had to have been one of the hardest things for so many of these people to deal with, and it is certainly not something one volunteers for willingly.

After having experienced this unified response and seeing how it was handled, it has proven to me that there is a lot of wisdom and experience amongst the organizers, PRB, SCCA and longtime rally participants - and this is something that should be acknowledged and valued by those not taking on these tasks.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, Rob. Your comments are appreciated by all of the OT organizers. Undoubtly, our competitor liason had one of the hardest tasks throughout the afternoon of Day 1, after the tragedy on SS1. This years event was very trying in more ways than the over shadowing loss of our rally brethren, and serious issues continue to be needing attention for our ProRally and SCCA.

Mike
(The future of rally depends on YOUR positive actions)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts