Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for your friendship and support. I'm stoked and proud to be able run Checkpoint Racing decals on my piece of shit rally car. :)
Yesterday and today at your shop reminded me of the days I miss from the first few years I was involved in this sport. Now I'd better get out to my driveway and get to pulling the transmission, which once again is spewing ATF out of the tail housing.

·
Rickshaw goin the wrong way...
646 Posts
Yeah, thanks a lot Mitch. Thanks for letting me use your lift to finish up a few things on the rally car. Also, thanks to Grant for letting me use a few of his tools and giving me some hardware. A big thanks to Mark for help with the skid plate, too.

·
salta motorsports
136 Posts
i would like to thank mitch for, sponcering the crc, this helps us help teams make the colorado rally more cost frendly. for sponcering rallys, this helps make sure that the rallys can afford the extras that make a good event a grate event. for spending a huge amout of money keeping check point racing open, this helps in supplying the best and safest equipment the world has, all in one nice show room. for all of the extra parts to help steve win the all wheel drive class in the colorado rally cup. for giving us short short partys, this shows us....

i hope that these kids wake up and bring it back full circle...

I NOTICE, and would like you to know that we value your friendship.
from all of us at salta and the colorado rally cup....

brian moody
long live the crc

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't forget tequila. There's many nights I don't remember much past Mitch buying everyone tequila. I love this family.

Thanks for your support of the CRC, Rally Colorado, the CHCA, CORE, and each and every one of us. I'd not be competing next weekend if it weren't for you, Mark, Steve, Brian, and Scott McCarty.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yup...Mitch has been a friend to me and many in the scene for a long time now. I remeber the first RallyX I met Mitch at at Watkins...that was was a lifetime ago.

Thanks for all the help and friendship through the years.

PS is this a eulogy forum, are you alright, is there something you are not telling us?

·
50 left 3 into Venus Williams
116 Posts
Can't forget tequila.
Since we're reminiscing ... after our first crash at Buena Vista in the 323 (The Infamous Venus Williams Incident), I was still sitting in the rally car and had barely even gotten over the shock and caught my breath and Mitch squats down next to me with the passenger door open, says nothing, and hands me a bottle of tequila.

·
drive. I say where we go, ok?
1,069 Posts
As his navigator, I would take this opportunity to give a shout out for Miotch--
Mitch yer the shit. Ya have put up with me for almost 5 years now as the monkey/machine in the right seat telling you where to go. I think that we have had been through some of the best times and the worst in the car together... An example of each follows: worst- our first rally together (cog '05) when we beachballed the f**k outta McGuires Civic on Middle Cog and may I add that the first thing you said while we were runnin up the cliff with the ok signs "I didn't like that car anyways." That made me laugh... Now, there are a great deal of good times that I can mention, but I really dont wanna bore everyone else. Among them, making a spontaneous drive to LA for Rim in '06 (that was one of the funnest drives I've ever had), 25 mile night stages at Ojibwe with techno rally lights (anyone que the Gunther?!?), and the adventure in Missouri (despite all the crap that went down, I couldnt think of anyone else that I would have rather been stranded in the woods with in the middle of the night at a rally... NOT [email protected]#ing Salem!!!!). The winner is definitely last year at Cog taking the regional win. I think all of the hardwork finally paid off!!!
Seein' you evolve as a rally driver and member of the race community has totally been, er, uhm, an evolution. From the guy that drove us into the ditch at the first corner at Gold Camp in 2005, to the up and oming rally driver who wins stages outright (Idaho) and overall regional wins-- yer potential is huge!
I really have enjoyed havin you as a friend outside of the rally car as well...Yer more than happy to assist the rally community both in CO and abroad in any way you can. That is sumthin really admirable, while a lot of other racers (not rally specific) just give their competition the middle finger..
All in all thanks for all that ya do, Mitch. From the parties, to the tequila (hooooorse a$$ included), to always being there in any way that you can for me has definitely not gone un-noticed and has absolutely not gone un-appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts