Special Stage Forums banner

thanks for all the help and support recovering my Evo

4K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Legacy294 
#1 ·
Yup we got the Evo back, its now at the body shop being rebuilt:)
hopefully someone will go to jail over this :(
Looking for Evo 6 body parts
Leon
sidewaysrules@aol.com

#10 ·
>Good old eBay is on top of the situation...
>At 8:00pm Central Time, the auction is still running, with 3
>hours and 43 minutes left.
>
>Leon has the high bid, though.
>
>I wonder if he will give them positive feedback?
>
>
>Gravelgeezer
>
>

I wonder if they'll be able to leave feeback for him from jail...:7

Great news!

#15 ·
I am glad Leon you got it back...but this could happen to anyone...I hope that the police will catch these guys and haul their butts off to jail....just be aware of your compeition cars and how and where you park them...you could be the next victim.

Denise McMahon
Team Manager
Widget Rally Team

#16 ·
At a local Colorado vintage event a Wyomingite had his truck, trailer, and race vehicle stolen. He had even disabled the truck and had an alarm in it as well. The simply towed the truck and trailer away with another truck. I personally think that for some of the higher end rally cars, Lo-Jack would not be a bad investment. Maybe even just in the trailer so as not to add weight :)

#18 ·
>The winning bidder is going to be pissed!

I sent him a link to the Special Stage threads. I noticed that he also won the "fantastic original Las Vegas car" that was being sold by this guy. Long drive from Ohio for a piece of crap car; Hmmm.
JB

#20 ·
*ss-kickin' comments make us all look foolish

All:

The discussion about *ss-whoopin' is misdirected and inappropriate.

Leon has posted a note saying that he's withholding most of the details pending the investigation so I'm not gonna share a lot of what I've learned, but there I some things I can tell you without compromising those leads.

The person with the car called me Tuesday and said he'd just heard through the grapevine that the Evo was stolen. The car didn't show up on the police hotsheets (for reasons I'm not going to address) so he was in the dark on the matter.

Once he learned the car was hot, he called me, as I'd mentioned, and offered "if it's yours, come and get it." (I assume he got my number from the Widget web site). I immediately put him in contact with Leon, then followed up with both parties. Note that he said "come and get it," not "bring your checkbook." As soon as learned the history, he wanted nothing to do with it, quit claim or otherwise.

I'm delighted that the car is back in Leon's custody, and am pleased to hear that he's spending the dough to get it fixed up again. It's a heckuva ride, almost as wicked cool as the VII that Leon's got for sale.

The reason for this post is to make it clear: the person with the car had no clue the car was stolen because it didn't show up on the police lists, and he was very cooperative as soon as he learned the details.

Please don't rant about misguided *ss-kicking. It just makes us all look foolish.

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

#21 ·
RE: *ss-kickin' comments make us all look foolish

thanks for sharing john. it is nice to hear that there are some good people still out there.

#23 ·
RE: *ss-kickin' comments make us all look foolish

>
>Please don't rant about misguided *ss-kicking. It just makes
>us all look foolish.
>

Do you actually believe that if a bunch of rally folk got together in Vegas that we'd actually get around to the ass kicking part? Shah right. We'd immediately be distracted by shiny lights, pretty girls, and the ability to lose our money at only half the rate of a typical rally race. Then we'd get all liquored up, and by the time we remembered what we were there for we'd have to catch flights home. :)

Dennis Martin
dennis@mamotorsports.com
920-432-4845

Ps. It's good to hear that this gentleman was so cooperative, but the fact remains that somebody somewhere stole Leons car, and that person deserves an ass kicking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.