Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup we had no DUST, hail,snow and rain yes:)
you people are the best welll done:)
thanks to all the sponsers that made it happen, www.perforce.com software stepped up and helped out a lot, George Plsek Tato motorsports gave me a perfect car, thanks guys, Chad from Subesports.com helped with car set up and my driving,
www.24-7airx.com for transportation, Porterfield brakes www.tombstonepaintball.com and of Course John Dillon my trusty Co driver whom lost his voice:)
THANKS

·
You get one life,live it!
1,911 Posts
Well done mate! it was worth the pissing rain/hail and long walk to see you blast past up in CHP cash Canyon.

Cheers

Chris 'n' Rob

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I just got off the plane and had a bite to eat so my message is a bit late, however, if it wasn't for the galant efforts of the most incredible group of workers I have seen in a very long time we would never have a rally to talk about.

First the Gibeaults, if it was Siskel & Samli I'd say "Two Thumbs Up"
since it's not all I can say is, THANK YOU GUYS !!! YOU DID IT AGAINST ALL ODDS.

Then the MacMahons, I don't know how you guys did it but you did it again, if this rally was not a nightmare for you guys I can't imagine what would be (maybe Safari ???), I know only of a few of the complications you had to endure but you pressed on regardless (no pun intended). You guys are great. This one one of very few rallies I didn't have an issue with a marshall, great training, great work.

And the workers, all the guys and girls making it possible for us. You were out in the cold when the temperature dropped to 39, under rain, hail and wind. Yet you waited for us to come in always with a smile on your faces, you endured everything including hypothermia, words are not enough to express our gratitude. Simply put, WITHOUT YOU THERE WOULD BE NO RALLY. I don't think I did but if I failed to say thanks to one of you when you handed me my time card I apologize now and say thank you.

Again, thank you all.

Cheers

M.Samli

·
Registered
483 Posts
I dont think onyone had a tougher job this weekend than the workers. And they do it all for the love of the sport; so we can have a place to play. Words can not thank you all enough.

I have to agree with Mr. Samli, EVERY worker I saw had a smile on their face. It was truely amazing.

The level of comitment and endurance was nothing less than amazing and I would would only expect to see this level at a truely "Professional" (ie payed) level. One of the most experienced workers even put his life in jepordy (I'd rather NOT see this level of comitment again.)

Thanks everyone who had anything to do with making this event the success it was.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It was fun, in the same sense that a 15-mile-climb on a mountain bike in the Summer is fun ... when you look back on it and your brain wipes away the parts it can.;)

My goretex boots worked well for the first couple of hours, but then they filled up with water from the top (I was wearing shorts) so my feet were wet from about 3pm-7pm. I was just happy to be shivering. I knew that if the shivering stopped, I had a real problem ... or I was finally in the car, going back to the hotel.:)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well guy's as someone who stood out in the rain to take time cards , I have to tell you I'd much rather have been standing in the rain. Wet shale on a crumbling highway , it was slipeery to walk on much less drive.(This tops my first year 1995 when I falled to bring enough cloths and got snowed on.) This year I dragged a friend who is an ex bike racer like me and let me tell you we tip-toed back down the mountian.

Tom Grossmann

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
To all you workers:

I said this at the awards breakfast, but most of you were not there for that:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

As we were coming out of Del Sur (north) I commented to Ralph - as tough as the driving was for us - imagine the poor workers, who have to come out after us, after we had torn up the road, on street tires, many with 2wd (and open diffs).

And, did I mention Thank You All !

press on (I love sunny Southern California - NOT),

·
R3- into ! L3><
230 Posts
I worked press stage, timing at the finish of Magic Mtn, finish of Del Sur South, & start of Del Sur North. Goretex jacket, layers of polar fleece, & waterproof boots helped with the weather...a sense of humour, a great bunch of volunteers with me, the help of the stage captains, and awesome competitors helped deal with the rest.

Thanks much to the teams for their patience{"at least 8 more minutes guys"}, candy, not running me over in slippy/limited braking area, postcards, free beer{back at hotel}, plenty of jokes, assistance in keeping the start clock from being run over{good call Leon}. Made a lot of new friends & met up with some old ones. I definitely had a lot of fun working the event. Hope to see you at the next one if not sooner.

Brent.

·
Nerd with a clock & clipboard
252 Posts
Free beer? What free beer? Were you at the same Rim as I was? I keep hearing fairy tales about this "free beer" thing every year but it must be like the Great White Whale or Yeti or Chupacabra or something...

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
The inhabitants of the RealAutoSport, LLC 'StudBug' try to make a habit of thanking every worker we communicate with along a given rally route, but that leaves out a ton of people we never directly interact with. So -

[h3]THANKS WORKERS!!![/H3]

Despite the quagmire we had a great time, mostly thanks to the many cheerful and competent workers!

Special thanks to the McMahons for enticing me to drag the Bug out there. Extra thanks to everyone who made us feel welcome and special!

Now that I've finally seen Del Sur I want to come back and see it at speed!

Halley ...
Owner/Driver ProRally #86 - world's first New Beetle Rally Car
RealAutoSport, LLC
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.