Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been sitting in front of my computer for almost 2 hours trying to write a thank you letter that accurately demonstrates how touched and moved I was at the awards ceremony and I can?t. I have come to the conclusion that there are no words that could possibly convey even remotely how I feel.

On be half of my daughter Gabby and all the families that are affected by insensitivity to pain I want to thank everyone that was part of 100 Acre Wood and at the awards ceremony.

What happened there was one of the most heart warming generous acts of kindness that I have ever been part of. Your kindness is very touching and completely unexpected. I had no idea that they were planning on doing this.

Your generosity raised over $1000 for A Gift Of Pain Inc. The money will go to help improve the lives of all the families that are affected by insensitivity to pain.

There is something about race weeks. Just before Snow Drift Christian Edstrom sent me an email about a 2 year boy in England. During 100AW we found a girl in Portugal and a boy in Alaska.

After everyone had left I went and looked at the poster, read all the signatures and started to cry.

This shows what type of people rally people really are. I am honored to be part of your group.

For more information on the charity check out our website at www.Gift-Of-Pain.org. It was designed by fellow rallyist Dave and Stacy Sterling.

Thanks again everyone.

Steve, Tricia, Katie and Gabby Gingras
and all the families we are going to help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those of you who weren't lucky enough to be at 100AW the organizers held an auction to benefit the charity that my wife Tricia and I started.

Our daughter Gabby has an extremely rare condition that does not allow her to feel pain. She has lost an eye and severily damaged the other one herself by scratching them. She once broke her jaw and it took us a month before we discovered it. Another time she grabbed a light bulb and badly burned her hand. We have pulled her teeth because she was biting her fingers and tongue.

There are only about 100 cases in the world and there are no support groups or people you can call that have been through what your facing. So we decided to start a charity to bring as many families togather as we can to share problems, solutions and hope.

The name of the charity is A Gift Of Pain, inc. The website is www.Gift-Of-Pain.org. All of the money raised will go to helping all the families that we have found.

For more information on Gabby and the condition Google "Gabby Gingras." The KARE11 video is amazing.

Thanks again to everyone.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts