Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L'Anse High School was a new Service Area for LSPR this year. It looked a little small and we had no idea if everyone would fit. I was there trying to arrange it so all the Crews would squeeze in.
All the Crews were very co-operative and did the best they could to get close together. A big thank you goes out to the Crews for making the best of the space we had.

On another note; some of the businesses in Copper Harbor would really love to have us back. Anyone have any memories, good or bad, of servicing in Copper Harbor. What would we need to fix it have service in Copper Harbor?

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Our crew really liked having a single service area on Sat.

A LOT.

If you can do that at Copper Harbor without huge transits, sweet.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Carbor Harbor always seemed a little confusing. Service teams were scattered all over the side streets.

What kind of businesses are there in town that want us back? It would have been very nice to have someone selling food at Mt Bohemia.

We were able to run all day Saturday without refueling due to the proximity of the stages to the service area. Or, put another way, if there were food in that parking lot, I'm not sure why the teams would want to go back to Copper Harbor.

Same general comments for the L'Anse service. Paved lot. Well organized, orderly, and easy to find the service teams given that someone greeted us on the way into service and told us where our crew was. Impressive all around.

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
I always liked servicing in Copper Harbor and feel something is missing by doing so at Mt. Bohemia. Yes Bohemia is more centralized, easier to control, and is does not require roadside service, but part of the charm of rallying is the towns.

I love hitting the General Store in Oquossoc, seeing the Paul Bunyan in Akely, throwing a crewmember in the trunk to take the rental car to A&W in Shelton, and I love seeing my crew all eating ice cream in frigid weather in Copper Harbor after my car is fixed and clean and ready for Brockway.

Something felt empty when we drove through CH this weekend.

·
Couch rallyist!
344 Posts
Copper Harbor is the best, I don't care if the place is 'confusing.' I hate sitting in a gravel lot all day waiting for something to happen. Sure, at Copper Harbor there aren't many great places, but if you get your butt up there early you can find a few good spots. Please go back to Coppor Harbor (and stay the whole day)!

Alex
Crew Chief
NC Rally

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
I don't know much about servicing there, but Copper Harbor is at the top of my list of things that are "cool" about the Lake Superior Rally.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
I agree with the stay the whole day part. Our crew just really doesnt like the roadside services that travel. They would rather be in a cool town like CH, just not have to do a couple of roadsides to get there.

Plus, if you roll & have to wait for backup, there's a great lil pub in CH that you can drink at...

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts