Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to John Domitrovits and Rod Hendrickson for stopping and pulling me out of the ding weeds on SS8 at Rally NY.

I'd also like to thank Carrie Wilburn and Stephanie Bo for stopping and trying as well.

It was over for me by then, but at least I was able to have some more fun and drive the rest of the rally in that awesome car.

I greatly appreciate your efforts and will look to return the favor in the future.

Sincerely,
Jonathan

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
Jonathan:

You ran a great rally, and dominated until your off.

I will say that your run through the spectator area on the last stage gave a lot of the spectators a thrill. What was going through your head as you headed for that large Oak tree?

Regards,

Wilson

·
International Rallying Icon
669 Posts
>Jonathan:
>
>You ran a great rally, and dominated until your off.
>
>I will say that your run through the spectator area on the
>last stage gave a lot of the spectators a thrill. What was
>going through your head as you headed for that large Oak
>tree?

I'd like to know that as well. You had one hell of a drive!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that was a pretty big "Moment". I just modulated a little more throttle and the car began hooking up again. I did see that tree but I didn't focus on it. Was it that close? I think if your looking at the hazards off the road instead of keeping your concentration down the road, you'll end up in trouble.

The thing that really surprised me was when I got all 4 back on the tarmac and how quickly it snapped to the other side. You get used to doing that on gravel, but on tarmac it's an eye opener. It's a real testiment to the ability of that car. What a blast it was to drive. I'm greatful to Autosport Engineering for giving me the opportunity to drive that car.

Thanks for the compliments.

Jonathan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I must say that you were educational to watch after you passed me on Stage 8, too bad that it was at such a price. Gave me some things to go over in my mind as to where I need improvement,
like AWD :) and MORE experience.

Duffy B
RWD = Fun

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts
...Gave me some things to go over in my mind as to where I need
>improvement,
>like AWD :) ...

>Duffy B

Are you sure your Mark's son???
:+ :+

I ignorantly only intoduced myself to your father as I did not want to delay your getting to tech @ RNY. He gave me the impression that he is a real gentleman. Afterwards he told me you had a lot of fun and enough moments that where safe, fun, and great learning experiances. I look forward to meeting you @ a future event.

Bernie _have not had a Red Bull since RNY_ Obry

·
Registered
9 Posts
>Are you sure your Mark's son???

Yes, I have him to thank for getting me involed in the Sport.

>I ignorantly only intoduced myself to your father as I did
>not want to delay your getting to tech @ RNY. He gave me the
>impression that he is a real gentleman.

AS a Son I am a bit biased.

Afterwards he told me you had a lot of fun and enough moments that where safe, fun, and great learning experiances. I look forward to
>meeting you @ a future event.
>Bernie _have not had a Red Bull since RNY_ Obry

I enjoyed RNY except for SS3 sections, the Starion has a basically stock suspension so we looked like some sort of sea mammal, apparently very entertaining to those who passed us on that stage.
I can also say I learned that on gravel in RWD the brake can cause more trouble than it will get you out of. Most of my previous events have been Sandhills thus slowing and turning the car is a matter of following the ruts more than jumping on the pedals. The above principal lead to my "near off" experience x( on SS10. Still alot to learn but I am enjoying myself more each time. At the next event just look for the Starion we should be somewhere around.

Duffy B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts