Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all of us out west were pretty upset when the Mexico Tarmac rally was cancled, but I see that this one could take its place. Anybody have any feedback on this one. I know they had one there a few years ago. It looks like plenty of miles and looks to be well organized on paper.

Rallymeister #96

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
>I know they had one there a few years ago.

Not exactly. Entirely different set of roads being used. The previous tarmac roads were pretty close (geographically) to the Cherokee Trails rally. The new Rally Tennessee is roughly in the middle of the state instead of the eastern edge. All the roads are county roads.

Should be good! :)

Cheers,
Anders

760 Posts
Tarmac at International Rally New York

The International Rally New York on September 29 - October 1 will consist of 110 stage miles of which 51 stage miles (46 percent) will be on tarmac.

Next year, the International Rally New York in the Fall of 2006 will become an all-tarmac rally.

Our spring event, Rally New York, will be an all-gravel event for 2006 with more than 100 miles of stages.

Ivan Orisek

·
I drive the car.
927 Posts
NICE!

Checking the schedule shows on Saturday, "06:00 - 11:00 Reconnaissance"

Charles

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,629 Posts
Anybody running this event is in for a real treat.

I just spent the day with John Shirley running the roads in an A3 Golf, and they are insanely great. Width varies from 2 lane lined to single lane. Oodles of elevation changes, twisties, some straight-out sections with No. 6 turns over crests, etc. Pretty much anything anybody would want.

We took pictures, but it may be a little bit before they are posted on www.rallytennessee.com.

Met with some local folks, and the enthusiasm and locale remind me a lot of 100AW.

This is going to be an awesome event.

Wilson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts