Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the PPIHC rally results. Stig took ten seconds of Pat on the last stage to win GN by 6/10 of a second! Wow! Leon charged to a strong second overall, and the "dark horse" Stephan kicked everyone's ass. Finally, check out Doug Shepards times. Just goes to show what talent, experience, and prodigous amounts of horsepower can do.

See, we don't need no stinkin' F1. }(

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yup! Stephen did well considiring he had only 1 hour or so of seat time in the Autosport Subie before race day... Doug, Leon and Stig also did very well.

How much horsepower do those Srt-4's have for Pikes??

RA did an excellent job.

-Amar

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>What's F1?
>Why would anybody on a Rally Forum be interested is something
>with nothing to do with cars we drive?

That makes about as much sense as religious fanatics saying their god is the only god.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Finally all that smack talking SV was doing before OT is backed up. Good job and congrats.

Looks like Pike's Peak will be on the list of things to do before I die, whenever that is. Maybe I should put laundry on that list as well. It smells in here.

·
SURF!!! I'll cover you myself!
663 Posts
>>What's F1?
>>Why would anybody on a Rally Forum be interested is
>something
>>with nothing to do with cars we drive?
>
>
>That makes about as much sense as religious fanatics saying
>their god is the only god.
>
>

Unless the fanatics are hatefull, then it makes perfect sence.

pete

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
>Finally all that smack talking SV was doing before OT is
>backed up. Good job and congrats.
>
>Looks like Pike's Peak will be on the list of things to do
>before I die, whenever that is. Maybe I should put laundry on
>that list as well. It smells in here.

Should have have sold your sole to the devil and ran it this year. The threat of pavement above treeline is now undeniable as some of the best parts of the road above treeline are now prepped for paving and paving operations are scheduled to begin within a few weeks if not days.

This was the last time the event will resemble anything like what it was and should have forever been. Now the event will go tarmac dirt tarmac dirt ;(

Pikes Peak highway is officially about to die in my eyes. The moment they put pavement and guardrails above treeline will be one of the darkest days in motorsports americana.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>>>What's F1?
>>>Why would anybody on a Rally Forum be interested is
>>something
>>>with nothing to do with cars we drive?
>>
>>
>>That makes about as much sense as religious fanatics saying
>>their god is the only god.
>>
>>
>
>Unless the fanatics are hatefull, then it makes perfect
>sence.
>
>
>pete
>

Quit threadjacking you old farts, lets try and keep this one unlocked and in the rally forums.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
>>>>What's F1?
>>>>Why would anybody on a Rally Forum be interested is
>>>something
>>>>with nothing to do with cars we drive?
>>>
>>>
>>>That makes about as much sense as religious fanatics saying
>>>their god is the only god.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Unless the fanatics are hatefull, then it makes perfect
>>sence.
>>
>>
>>pete
>>
>
Why don't you guys finish this on in the Off Topic forum.
>

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>>>>What's F1?
>>>>Why would anybody on a Rally Forum be interested is
>>>something
>>>>with nothing to do with cars we drive?
>>>

>
>Quit threadjacking you old farts, lets try and keep this one
>unlocked and in the rally forums.
>

Actually, I'll answer John's question, since he brings up a somewhat relavent point.

IMHO, F1 fans and rally fans have a lot in common. They both like high tech, eurocentric, non-circle track motorsports. Since USGP just crapped on every US F1 fan at Indy, perhaps now is the time to introduce them to rally and build our fan base. If we can provide an alternative that suits their tastes, respects them as fans, and provides good competition and excitement, then maybe can woo them over to our side. And this isn't the drink on Sunday, collect unemployment on MOnday NASCAR crowd. This is higher class demographic, willing to search out their sport, and in the case of 150k people, spend big bucks to fly halfway across the country to watch a race. Those people could have just as easily flown to PPIHC, and gotten a hell of lot better show. That's why we should be interested in F1.

That and the cars are wicked cool! (even if the people involved are pricks)

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
PP variety

>What's F1?
>Why would anybody on a Rally Forum be interested is something
>with nothing to do with cars we drive?

Because it has a motor, and people race them?

Seen (and HEARD) at PP (there was some SERIOUS GRUNT there):

700hp methane powered KIWI hillclimb car.

1,100 hp (?) Mercedes 18 wheeler.

Propane powered Cobra.

The side car guys from Sweden (I walked over to them and told them that they made us look sane, the monkey responded "no, you have that backward".

LOTS of open wheel, and V8, and oh wow.....

In a lack of oxygen moment, we even talked about racing Segways up the hill.

Do those have anything to do with the rally cars we drive? Nope. But they sure are neat.

press on (but not too near the edge),

·
Registered
570 Posts
>
>That makes about as much sense as religious fanatics saying
>their god is the only god.
>

Unless, of course, if it were true?!? Logic and reality do intersect.

NOT trying to start anything - especially me being flamed - I don't have any NOMEX! :p

Dave Moore -- Wellsboro resident (STPR), rally worker, sports car ('74 260Z) and rally fanatic, too poor to participate, boo hoo... Blessings to all!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>NOT trying to start anything - especially me being flamed - I
>don't have any NOMEX! :p
>
>Dave Moore -- Wellsboro resident (STPR), rally worker, sports
>car ('74 260Z)

I would NEVER flame a Wellsboro resident. Why? Because some day I might be back :)

But, really, a Datsun Z? Get a real car! :)

Porsche - There is NO substitute!

·
Registered
570 Posts
>>NOT trying to start anything - especially me being flamed -
>I
>>don't have any NOMEX! :p
>>
>>Dave Moore -- Wellsboro resident (STPR), rally worker,
>sports
>>car ('74 260Z)
>
>
>I would NEVER flame a Wellsboro resident. Why? Because some
>day I might be back :)
>
>But, really, a Datsun Z? Get a real car! :)
>
>Porsche - There is NO substitute!
>
>

Jens --

You forgot to read the second to the last phrase of my signature:

"too poor to participate, boo hoo..." ;(

as in too poor for a Porsche for sure! Though for a brief time my brother owned a 928... Does that count? :p

The Datsun "Z" cars are classics that even a rural, public high school science teacher can afford. It was my first car, 29 years ago, and I owned and drove it for almost 20 years! Had 167,000 miles on it, when I sent it off last summer to become part of a racing stable of Z's. My mechanicals and clear title are finding a second life as part of one of SCCA's road racing series!

Dave Moore -- Wellsboro resident (STPR), rally worker, sports car ('74 260Z) and rally fanatic, too poor to participate, boo hoo... Blessings to all!

·
slow is slow....
792 Posts
>Finally all that smack talking SV was doing before OT is
>backed up. Good job and congrats.

He's always backed his "smack talk" up....he's never lost a PGT race he's finished!! How many people can say that? I'd say that's backing it up!!!

Andrew Sutherland
UniversalRally.com

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
RE: press on what

>So, what do you drive these days?
>
>press on,
>

Nothing to write home about: an SUV, and an RX-7. I have an ambulance, but haven't driven it in a while... should sell it.

Porsche - There is no substitute!

·
Registered
570 Posts
RE: Jens

>So, what do you drive these days?
>
>press on,
>
>
>just a poor, dumb, Michigan navie
>jimmy
>KC8YHT

Jimmy -

Unfortunately, because of family, time, and financial constraints I no longer have my beloved 260Z, and because of those constraints I am currently driving a '97 Buick Century... Certainly, it is not a match for the joy of my Z, but I got a good deal on it, family and baby seat are more accomodated, and it does have a strong 3.8L V-6!

For rally, I typically move to my wife's '99 Chevy Venture van :eek:
It is not a sporting vehicle by any stretch of the imagination, but it does have: plenty of room for good rally spectating gear, my two boys & a few of their friends, it has a big gas tank, reclinable seats in all positions, a great spot on the dash to throw most of my radio equipment (two radios, SWR meter, extra speakers, and display head), etc.

BTW -- I believe you were part of the crew that handled a tough communications situation at STPR SS7/10?... My hats off to the crew at at the spectator point, in particular, for all of the relaying that they had to do -- it was handled with much skill, finesse and calm! I hope that I have that level of "professionalism" some day.

Dave Moore -- Wellsboro resident (STPR)(SS2, 5 & 8 -- KB3IEC), rally worker, sports car ('74 260Z) and rally fanatic, too poor to participate, boo hoo... Blessings to all!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts