Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I was thinking about buying a "Chevy Metro" as they are sold down here, but I don't really know anything about the cars. Then I remembered that there was a spec class up in Canada, at least if I brain was on straight.

I'm just thinking about an economical to purchase and run daily driver... so I can spend more money on the rally car. ;)

So, it seems that the coupe/hatch, from about 1999ish, manual, would be the choice.

I don't know anywhere else I could go where I can find people that really know about cars that would also have experience with something on this end of the performance scale. :)

Which years am I looking for? Should I find the 1.0 liter engine? I'm totally fine with as little acceleration as possible: the 3 liter in the rally car makes up for it.

Opinions?

Thanks guys!
Anders

·
Registered
78 Posts
From what I know, any of the Geo/Chevy/Pontiac versions only came with the 3 cylinder engines, while the Suzuki version was availabel with a 4 cyl Twincam. This engine is rumoured to be a Motorcycle 1300CC shortblock, and can be built to rev the same way!

Apart from that I know nothing much about reliability or anything.

·
Registered
409 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts