Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into suspension for my future rally vehicle (95 Honda Civic HB). I have only come up with a few selecions that are suited to rally. I now that I can buy a incredible rally suspension from DMS for around $2000. Well I don't have that much. So I decided to look into some other options. I came up with TEIN's RA damper system. It says it is based on the same setup used in previos WRC cars. The MSRP is $1680, and I have deal with a tire/suspension shop in town so I should be able to get it for cheaper. My question is has anyone worked with TEIN equipment, and more correctly the RA system? Is this suspension system even meant for rally, or is it just based on the same technology? Thanks for anybodies help.

Robin

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a competitor at one of my rallycrosses who I believe is associated with Tein. I think he said he would be in Japan this month, so he won't be at this weeks event. I will email him and see if he can give you anymore information.

Good luck,

I am going with Moriss Dampers. Evan is a great guy, and makes some very nice looking units. I will know soon how well they work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used to have TEIN on my EVO1 , good shocks.
Rebuildable too.

But if I were you and could possibly wait and save up a little, I would go for the DMS , probably cheaper in the long run. Good shocks never die , just fade slower than others.

DMS are 50mm , whereas the TEIN are 40mm(I think) , if you want I can go to my storage room and pull out my set and check.

Robert VanLane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts