Team Mitsubishi Motor Sports America

Event Preview:
Maine Forest ProRally
August 1-2, 2003
Rumford, Maine
Round 6 of the SCCA ProRally Championship

TV Alert:
Team Mitsubishi Motor Sports America and Vermont SportsCar will
appear in the Fox Sports show "54321" this Wednesday, July 30. Check locallistings for times/channel.

The show will include highlights of a rally school session that Vermont SportsCar conducted last weekend. Team Mitsubishi driver David Higgins took part in the school and helped teach two freestyle moto-x athletes (Travis Pastrana and Kenny Bartram) how to drive a rally car. Higgins also took each student for a demo run in his Open Class Team Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Look for photos and a full report at www.vtcar.com next week.

EST: 3:30 pm, 7:30 pm, 1:30 am

·
Global Village Idiot
543 Posts
It just finished without a trace of rally!
However, I was on Venice Beach last Tuesday when they were filming the fillers (the talkie bits between the video clips) and heard them say "That rally racing looks like exciting stuff!" It may be on tomorrow instead.

And Leann Tweeden is even hotter in the flesh!!!!!!

Nick.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>It just finished without a trace of rally!
>However, I was on Venice Beach last Tuesday when they were
>filming the fillers (the talkie bits between the video
>clips) and heard them say "That rally racing looks like
>exciting stuff!" It may be on tomorrow instead.
>
>And Leann Tweeden is even hotter in the flesh!!!!!!
>
>Nick.

It was the third segment on the 54321 episode that aired here in Tulsa. I got it recorded ... Good stuff.
Halley ...
Owner/Driver ProRally #86 - world's first New Beetle Rally Car
RealAutoSport, LLC
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
378 Posts
If somebody with some bandwidth to burn can get the segment up on a server, I'd like to see it after I get back from Maine.

Best - Isaac

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
I see it is on 3 times today (Thursday). Set to record them all in case one of them is a repeat of that episode, which I would expect is the case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you guys see Tim Oneal on that show? I saw it a couple days ago. He was teaching some motocross(?) dudes how to drive.

·
slow is slow....
792 Posts
He was teaching some motocross(?) dudes how to
>drive.

Those motorcycles ?dudes? included Travis Pastrana?..arguably the best Free Style Motorcycle rider. Two years ago Travis expressed an interest in Rally after hanging out with Tommi Makinen. I think Travis got to drive one of the WRC cars. In the 2000 Anaheim Super Cross race program, Travis had a quote regarding rally where he said it was the best sport on earth and how crazy it was! Travis recently retired from racing Super Cross (at age 19 or 20!!?.forgot how old he is) and has mentioned on numerous occasions in major motorcross magazines, that he will be pursuing a career in ?driving?. I wouldn?t be surprised if we see him in a car next year and if he can drive like he rides??.oh man, spectators better be ?light? on their feet!

I bet he even hangs out on this Forum?..Travis you here?

edit - taken from a recent Racer X interview -

(Int)- Will you race in a car or a bike?
(Travis) - "Race in a car."

(Int) - I know you have a rally jones, so to speak, and even go to go to England and drive a little bit.
(Travis) - "Yeah, for sure, I would really like to do that now, so maybe I?ll just get it out of my system and come back for the supercross season next year."

Andrew Sutherland
UniversalRally.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts