Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Enterprise South Tarmac ClubRally scheduled for June 29 at Chattanooga has been cancelled. The landowners think there will be a conflict with planned destruction of the TNT bunkers on the site.
ClubRallies planned for September 14 and November 2 remain on the schedule, but they may have to be changed to gravel. Four gravel sites and one tarmac site are being investigated for those rallies.
(The September 14 date may need to be changed as the Rally New York has been scheduled the same weekend. We aren't quite advanced enough in ClubRally to cordinate schedules yet.)
Bill Perry

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hey, just wire up the bunkers, put a trip wire under a nearby cone, and have that as a penalty for being too exuburant........oh, too severe, eh?

760 Posts
>(The September 14 date may need to be changed as the Rally
>New York has been scheduled the same weekend. We aren't
>quite advanced enough in ClubRally to cordinate schedules
>yet.)
>Bill Perry

Rally New York 2002, scheduled for September 13-15, has been on SCCA ClubRally schedule, published on SCCA website, since January 2002.

Ivan Orisek

·
Registered
204 Posts
There gors my chance for a class championship. I was going to use those as my out-of-division events and run my former IT Club Racing car with its road racing suspension. :(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dang.

Bill, care to speculate on whether we've seen the last of
using Enterprise South? I knew that there was always a limited
lifetime due to the prime location, but it sounds like it came a little early.

Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My expectation is we won't be able to use the 940 acre site we have been using. Industrial development was always the plan there. But 2000 acres just above it, in the hills, called Summitt Knobs is permanently dedicated to recreation use. Roads there are newer and better than the roads we have been using. Hardly a straight road in the 2000 acres. Lots of elevation change.
This area still belongs to the US Army, so permissions may take longer. But work is beginning. If this works out, Tarmac Rally may have a permanent home in Chattanooga. And the area probably will be deeded to Chattanooga some day, with restriction to recreation use only. We know Rally is Recreation - can we convince the land holders?
Go, Kendall, Go!
Bill Perry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts