Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dirt surfer
1,383 Posts
Best way to support development of tarmac rally in USA is to show up at NASA Rally Tennessee ready to rumble. If this race is a dud due to small turnout, we have only ourselves to blame.

Crank up the DMS bump/rebound, duct some extra airflow over the brakes, unbolt the backing plates, bolt on fresh pads and some fat gumballs, strap in and 3-2-1-GO. Be super smooth, plan way ahead, trail brake like mad, lissen to yer navvie, and don't try to make like Makinen on your first tarmac adventure.

Of course there's more to it than that, but you gotta start someplace. There's sure to be bunch of Irish lads show up who have done this tarmac business a time or three, it'll be a learning extravaganza.

Dave G
www.lastditchracing.net

"...Embrace loose gravel (spread onto tarmac by bad boys cutting corners) , beware big trees..."

·
Dirt surfer
1,383 Posts
>
>Still would like to see a rally at the tail of the dragon.
>
>I'm going to try to make it to New York. I heard there are a
>couple carbreaker stages as well?

Lurch--

the Rally NY organizers have laid in tons of gravel, and what were once insanely rough stages are now merely normal rough ones. nothing worse than Maine Forest. Tighter and twistier, tho. very limited sight lines in many places, you gotta have faith in yer navvie! you get to run recce with jemba book in hand, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

like the format of 1 day tarmac, 1 day gravel... but not so sure I'm wild about RNY going to all tarmac, tho. If some is good, more is not necessarily betta!

Dave G
RNY Fan
www.lastditchracing.net

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.