Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). How many out there would be interested in a tarmac series next year if I can get permits for the roads I would like? I was informed that if this one went smoothly to go back and talk about further events. I would like to put on an event before Rim, as a shakedown for the cars, 3 other tarmac events, 1 in Jun and Jul, Fri evening of Treeline and maybe another in Oct. Details and co-efficients would be worked out later. You want it, I'll try and pull it off for you. Let me know.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
I would like it better if it was on the east coast.

Wilson

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
I'd love a Tarmac series here in the States like the ones I drove in Germany. Very fast and exciting.
But I have to agree with Mr. von Kessler, bring it over towards the eastern part too. Not just out west. :+

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). I wish I could go further east, but the USFS here are our best allies. The roads I want to use are County roads but used by the USFS. I'm trying to build a relationship with the County, so far, so good. Isn't there anyone out there east of California within a day's tow who can get access to tarmac roads or has no one yet tried? You'd be amazed at how simple it is to get your points across. I was expecting a load of red tape when I applied. They called me once about a simple problem and about a week later I was told I had my permit. If anyone wants to contact me about the ins and outs, feel free. I will help you with any advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pete - I hate to say it, but if you put together an all-tarmac championship I would probably stop dirt rallying and just run the tarmac. I'm getting tired of smashing up my little MR2 on events like Prescott and Rim - it's a pretty good rally car but just wasn't made for this punishment. I think it would make a pretty snappy tarmac car however. You have my vote.

Wild Willy Yates
Supercharged MR2

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa").Thank you both for those kind comments. No offence to Mike and Paula, they have roads that they use and I have roads that I use. I'm trying to balance those that like smooth roads, dirt or tarmac against those that will rally on any road. Like Ray Hocker says, "This rally is an adventure". I totally agree, but he has not given us a road yet that will damage your car, unless you go off the road at 70mph plus Cable Rhodes or mine at 30mph. The choice is entirely yours. Run the events you like most, I and others will try and cater to your needs.

·
Tightens!
81 Posts
I'm on the east coast now but I think that tarmac rallies have huge potential. The assumption in the past has always been that paved roads would be harder to secure than dirt roads. With increased environmental and fire concerns, and jurisdictional issues, this might not be the case any more.

You get my encouragement! I will watch with interest...

Kirk

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa"). Yes, they would be acceptable. I lump them all together as one if it's not dirt or gravel.

·
You get one life,live it!
1,911 Posts
Nice one Pete! keep it coming I just love tarmac rallies.

Cheers

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts