Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Global Television Network is airing our documentary coverage of the 2003 Targa Newfoundland at 7PM Saturday in each time zone (19:30 in NF). Check it out and then send in your entry for September 2004. This is a great event.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just finished watching the Targa NF, what an awesome event. Great job to Lawrence and everyone at TV2GO! :)
The Targa Newfoundland is more of a racing adventure than a die hard competition. It is cool that it appeals to drivers from many different driving disciplines and car types. Where else can you see a RUF Porshe compete with a Mini, a Corvette, a '67 Mustang Fastback, an Austin-Healey, and a Subiwagon??? I hope that the Targa style of road rallying will catch on in Canada/U.S. and we will see more events popping up.
Andy

·
Registered
95 Posts
I caught the show last night on Newfoundland NTV Super channel (why we get that channel here in Barbados is beyond me). It looks like a great event, some of the tighter twisty bits look a lot like what we run here. Once I move back to Canada, it is an event I will certainly try and get into.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, it was a great watch. One thing, there are actually more Newfoundland folk songs than "I's the b'y" which, to me, is wearing a little thin on this production. I lived there during the 90's, so I know it's true!

NTV is a pretty wacked channel. If you watch it at 3-4am, you may see some really BIZARRE stuff. I mean, like, BIZARRE. This may include the NTV CEO Geoff Stirling in his underwear, with Joey Smallwood, in a hotel room in Havana, prior to visiting Fidel Castro. It's home movie footage of them chatting. BIZARRE!!!!

Craig

http://www3.sympatico.ca/kchamm/rally.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts