Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2004 edition of Targa Newfoundland gets a prime time broadcast on conventional TV (something we never managed with the CRC) this Saturday night. Check out the TV show and then go to www.targanewfoundland.com to get your entry in for the 2005 event which leaves St.John's on September 12.

They had 90 entries last year and there's talk of a cap in 2005 due to a shortage of hotel rooms in some communities.

This rally is the best-organized, best-promoted event you'll find anywhere. With veteran rally guys like Mark Williams, John Bellefleur and Ross Woods running the operation you would expect nothing less. John Paynter ran Pat Richard's Open-Class Sti last year (with no restrictor at all!) and had the time of his life.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Lawrence:

Looking forward to it.

Global TV is fast becoming a friend of motorsport. They have previously shown both the Targa Newfoundland and the Sherbrooke Ice Races.

In addition, on Saturday, February 12 at 8:00 pm eastern, they will be showing the pilot of their new "Monster Garage/Junkyard Wars" type show with Andrew Comrie-Picard as the host.

Doug Woods

·
Registered
233 Posts
Patrick, I agree. Having lived there 10 years pre-Ottawa (and pre-Targa, doh!) they have more than one song/jig/reel on the Island!
Craig

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'se da by that chose de music.

My personal favorite jig has been voted off the island. Over all my protests, your boat song will not be heard again at Targa.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes Speed has licenced US rights once again. We don't have the aiardate but sometime in February or March. I'll announce here on SpecialStage we know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
WOW! great coverage...

Oh Man... now I really want to do that!... Poor little Justy's not quite the car for the job though! might have to think about another car...

This past Summer, just weeks before the event I was on the Avalon P. cycling.. those roads would be SPECTACULAR.. they were fantastic on a bike.. would be even better in car!

Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts