Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, don't post here much but thought you might like to here my entertaining story of the morning. Had a chance to work Subaru's test stage this morning north of Humboldt here in the U.P. They had there 4 cars and the drivers running along with Vermont Sports Car and Havir. Well on what I think was his second or third run down the stage he rolled it bigtime and it is said to be totaled. We were blocking a side road about a hundred yards up the road when he went off. Ran down the stage to the scene and he was out already, no injuries car landed back on all fours with a small fire under the hood. Helped Tapio try to opened the hood while the service crew came up from the start. Definitely worth getting up early this A.M. Tapio and their
team manager were pretty cool customers acting like its just another day at the office. Heard they are trying to find another car still for the rally, took some pics of the car on the trailer may post after the rally. Subaru were taking pics so maybe they will post them on there sight? Might want to check the local tv website tonight they are going to air a story on the upcoming rally and its rebroadcast on their website http://www.wluctv6.com/

·
Registered
245 Posts
>I thought it said "Frodo rolls on the road to Bree"...:)
>

Now wouldn't THAT be an interesting plot twist! The Nazgul in black Evo's chasing Frodo and Sam in a stock Golf... :7 :eek:

-Nick

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Nothing Subaru could want from me would be cheap. How about $750,000.00 for my son's stock 2.5RS. Oh, yeah. And they have to behave themselves in service areas.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
So far everything here looks good -- I haven't heard any additional car trouble stories.

Weather has been a mix of snow, rain, and sun -- and cold.

Snow still in the forcast for tomorrow.

DJ an I had a little scare on the Practice stage. We hit a good size rock with the Left rear wheel -- launched the car into the air.

We thought we had a flat, then seeing 4 inflated tires thought maybe suspension damage. Lucky for us just a bent wheel.

Can't wait to get on the stages tomorrow -- I am hoping for Snow :)

Mike
PGT 580

1 - 8 of 8 Posts