Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
KB-AG in WRC? Awesome!
702 Posts
I think on average, 1 out of 3 media outlets spell his name right. And, somehow, they manage to link it to his website, spelled correctly.

·
Spectator Wrangler
831 Posts
I think on average, 1 out of 3 media outlets spell his name right. And, somehow, they manage to link it to his website, spelled correctly.
Faust? Wasn't there an opera written about his life story? Something about a special driving coach?
Perhaps something supernatural abut his speed.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Maybe he owns the domain names spelled several ways, and links them all to the correct one. BTDT.

BW

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Good for Tanner.
I think he will do a great job.

If the bit about not reviewing cars they don't like - so they don't upset the car advertisers is true - - that will be a shame.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Dancing with a Star

I have heard that Adam Corolla will be a co-host. He's got an STI maybe Tanner could get him into rally.

Do forget Tanner, its pronounced Toyoter

·
DirtyImpreza.com
364 Posts
Thats great news for Tanner... congrats to him. I thought the picture of him next to Richard Hammond was quite funny :)

Agreed. If they only review / comment on cars they like, that really sucks. I think that is part of what i love so much about Top Gear on BBC is that the hosts obviously don't care what anyone things about their opinion. They just tell it exactly how they feel. Not too surprising that the words "rubbish" and "brilliant" are used multiple times in just about every episode.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Some say the Stig's American cousin is sustained only by the cream in a moon pie, he's been on more episodes of COPS than anyone else, and that his blood vessels are filled with Union 76 Hi Test, all we know is.... he's the Stig's American cousin.

·
Global Village Idiot
543 Posts
Jay Leno would be a good host as well, and be funny unlike Jeremy Clarkson!
Boo! Jeremy Clarkson is hilarious.
The problem with Leno and cars is that he may be TOO knowledgeable. I've seen a couple of shows with him on and he is a SERIOUS gearhead, not quite the flippant, irreverent git that Clarkson is. JC accepts his shortcomings in the mechanically inclined sense. Leno would know that this nut is not the correct specification for this year of car, since they only came with blah de blah...
And Leno always has a weird superior smirk that bugs me too. I like him though. I would prefer Adam Carolla, however.

·
Start Flat 30k Finish
366 Posts
Agreed. If they only review / comment on cars they like, that really sucks. I think that is part of what i love so much about Top Gear on BBC is that the hosts obviously don't care what anyone things about their opinion. They just tell it exactly how they feel. Not too surprising that the words "rubbish" and "brilliant" are used multiple times in just about every episode.
not suprising. i imagine that the BBC's public funding vs. US networks pay-for-by-advertising has alot to do with it.

you can't pick up a US car mag that doesnt tow the line...

...but then you can say that about most of our media. it's all pre-programmed to keep the masses brainwashed, unoffended, and unable to think for themselves...

having said all that though, i'm happy for tanner, he's genius in front of the lens...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
not suprising. i imagine that the BBC's public funding vs. US networks pay-for-by-advertising has alot to do with it.

you can't pick up a US car mag that doesnt tow the line...

...but then you can say that about most of our media. it's all pre-programmed to keep the masses brainwashed, unoffended, and unable to think for themselves...

having said all that though, i'm happy for tanner, he's genius in front of the lens...
andrew,
there is a very cool comic book that you may enjoy reading by Jonathon Hickman called Nightly News. it is collected in one volume and is a pretty intersting story dealing with people getting revenge on the news media for what you are talking about in your post.

on topic:

i think tanner is a great fit for a show like this.

hopesully we can get some segments like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF2xoyCCrRY

·
Registered
777 Posts
NBC is sooo gonna ruin this concept :(

Anybody been watching Tanner's Super Car show on Speed? He is one lucky dude getting to drive all that stuff.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts