Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tall Pines Rally on Nov 21-22 in Bancroft approaches and I thought I'd get ahead of things and book a room now.

Well, the Best Western Sword Motor Inn is already full and that's the only place I've stayed before. I tried the Bancroft Motor Inn and they're also full.

Given that either (a) sponsors/other teams have already booked up all the rooms or (b) the town is too small to support the rally, can someone make a recommendation on where to stay while at T.P.?

And please no B&B's, small inns 50 miles out of town, etc. We need one room in a cheap and cheerful no-tell motel right in Bancroft.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
280 Posts
the only thing available by now are BB or cabins...

but be carefull whit cabins....we got rip off lat year...it was very very far...and a total peice of junk!!!

we froze all nigth and it was pretty expensiv...the place was call The Quiet place...DO NOT GO THERE!!! its a rip off

Cabins/litle cottage can be a good deal.. you get a big one whit 2 our 3 room and your good for all the crew and some freinds....but you have to make shure in advence that the cottage is insulate and well eated...and in overall good shape...many of those cottage were built for summer only but they try to make $$ out of the rally...so be were...

Alain Lavoie
24Rallyteam
http://www.abikeonline.com/24rallyteam/

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm getting a room in a cabin sight unseen so I'll be sure to bring a good sleeping bag, long johns, night cap and some good socks! Many friends have cottages in Killarney, North Bay and Parry Sound so I know what it's like to wake up with feet I can't feel...

Last year I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Peterborough which was very nice but not cheap and quite a drive to get to the rally, especially when you have to be there Friday as well.

Harry

·
Registered
78 Posts
Unfortunately, the Tall Pines rally requires more Hotel rooms than the town of Bancroft can provide.

The Bancroft Chamber of Commerce at www.commerce.bancroft.on.ca provides a service whereby they maintain contact with all of the commercial establishments to check availability on a near daily basis. Please call the Bancroft Chamber of Commerce at 613-332-1513 for a quick check of what is available.

Good luck & hope to see you Bancroft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts