Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>Hope you didn't scare the inspector TOO much :+

I wonder what the inspector thought when Alex strapped on his new Peltor before going on the testdrive.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
LOL, it worked well because I didn't need the mic ;)

Anyway, Mike just got a little piece of information wrong...here in the state of PA you have to have your permit for 6 months before you can get your license, and you can't get your permit till your 16. I passed the permit test, hehe.

I'll inform you when I pass the bigger test, heh.

And of course, thank you all for the kind words!

Alex

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey Alex, I drove from Boston to California and back again on my permit. Back in my day, you only had to be 15 1/2 or something ridiculous. So I did 7,000+ miles in about two weeks, and it really made me a great highway driver. So, unh, say... you want to drive up to Perce-Neige in a couple of weeks. It's only like 15 freaking hours or something. I think the law says you have to have an adult in the right seat, but it doesn't say I have to be awake, right?

WHATEVER you do, I highly recommend you avoid any and all long & twisty dirt roads lest your willpower fail you. ;-)

-Isaac

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
LOL. I will as long as I don't have to tow anything! (and if I can get up to Boston)

Ok, so as of yesterday I've done city driving during rush hour and some highways, I think I'm good now.

My uncle has a 1/2 mile dirt road on his land, so it's pretty tempting when my mom leaves me alone to drive up and down it. Although, I stop once I see the ruts and the lines flying from one side to the other, hehe...

Thanks,
Alex "going up to his uncle's Saturday" Kihurani

·
Registered
117 Posts
You should take every chance you get to do donuts and stuff in parking lots when it snows. If the cops stop you, you can just say that your dad was teaching you how to drive in the snow. :7

Will MacDonald
1968 Volvo 144

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
RE: Sweet 16 and didn't finish his first rally...yet

Sorry to hear about your bad luck yesterday (I hear the steering broke for his dirver 2 miles into the event and put them off and out of the event). There's alway next time. Matt lasted 4 miles into his first rally as co-driver before I flipped the car on him, so you're not alone. x(

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did my road exam in my first car: a 1976 Civic with Gold Wing pistons, stripped out interior, fly-off h'brake, Cherry Bomb in vieu of muffler, etc...

Shoulda seen the look on the examiner's face!

Wife (then girlfriend) did hers in 1986 Hyundai Pony with an ex-FF2000 twin 38DCOE Ford Kent engine stuffed under the hood.

Gotta give the examiners something to talk about over coffee...

Jeremy Oreskovich

"Racing is life...
All else is just waiting."
-Steve McQueen

"Our Car is F***ed"
-Team Skoda co-driver Tina Turner

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

Yep, 2.5 miles into the first stage on a rutted straight around 50ish mph, we hit one of the many ruts that sent the car to the right, and when he went to turn left, the steering wheel just spun, so we clipped a tree with the right front tire on my side and then got stuck in the bank. No biggie, but frustrating to say the least! and it really bummed me out when we left early. (not like there was any point in staying, but just spectating like I usually do would have been fine)

At least we got 8 miles of practice stage in on Friday and got to try out some (really bad) stage notes. I think Howard would have preferred me to shut up because there was WAY too much information that was confusing him, but I just kept reading to make sure I didn't get sick, or I didn't get blamed for missing a big corner, hehe.

I figured out my helmet, I had the connector at the end of the mic flipped, that's why I could kinda hear myself, but not you. The helmet works beautifully now.

So now I'm a SLIGHTLY experienced, competent, non-puker. Any takers? ;)

Thanks,
Alex "desperately waiting to co-drive again" Kihurani

·
Jct Motorsports &Collision
374 Posts

ALEX If you would like you can ride with me on my 15 secons of fame ride at the cross roads in maine.Remember drive to the corner till you see GOD then brake:+ :+ . Chris Putzier}> }> }>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts