Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.teamfocaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=001219

I'm not sure if the link will work, but I just saw this over at http://www.focaljet.com

It sounds like SVT will be releasing a race prepped SVT Focus with alot of goodies. Seam-welded body for one, no rear seat, no radio, Carbon Fibre hood, etc. There should be more info popping up. It sounds like a Ford Focus ACR type thing.

How does a car like this fit in ProRally? It might be a solid Production class if they make enough of em.

I dunno. I'm a Focus fan so I thought others might be interested.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks good.

I really like compact rally cars. And handbrake turns are so much easier on fwd cars.

I`m tired of my big heavy EVO2 or the WRX .

Robert VanLane

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was looking at the current SVT Focus specs at wwsvt.ford.com and found that there is an optional cold weather package consisting of the following:
SVT Cold Weather Package (includes: traction control, heated front seats, engine block heater)

Everything is nice but what's with the block heater? They really plan to sell these in MN or AK? :)

....0ran...

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
>Everything is nice but what's with the block heater? They
>really plan to sell these in MN or AK? :)
>
>....0ran...

Umm.... yes?

I live in Minnesota. There are 2 SVT Contours outside my office window. I will be test driving an SVT Focus soon...

:+ Jim :+

·
Registered
533 Posts
I guess SCCA could go either way, but on the surface, if they made enough of them (eg quasi-homologation) it be legal in Prod. If it came from the factory that way, it would be legal in DS in Solo...

Unless, in both cases, they made a specific ruling blocking it from Prod or Stock classes.

jb

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Hey Guys, I have no patience with overly trick web sites, so anybody see exactly what ratios icl final drive are in the box?

And one potential trouble area I see is how you are supposed get 15 inch wheels over the discs/calipers in front.

what does P rules say about that, cause I know a guy in that position right now with another car? can they be swapped for smaller from the same range of cars?

RVL, 103" wheelbase makes it among the longest wheelbase cars out there, no overhang is nice tho.

Och Ole vad fan gör du? Försöker du säga nåt om mysterium att den nuvarande besiktingmannen för hela landet åkte i en bil ifjol hella säsongen som han visste var helt olagig? Aja baja, Ole du stygging!

John Vanlandingham

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
>
>Och Ole vad fan gör du? Försöker du säga nåt om mysterium
>att den nuvarande besiktingmannen för hela landet åkte i en
>bil ifjol hella säsongen som han visste var helt olagig? Aja
>baja, Ole du stygging!
>
:+ Huh ??? :+

·
Registered
630 Posts
>Better not run in Production if in fact it is seam welded.
>(Unless they get the rule changed);)

The rules prohibit seam welding in addition to how it came stock. If the car is delivered from Ford that way I can see no way that they could stop it, short of explicitly exluding that modification *even if delivered that way*. But then again it should be covered under "Super Secret Double Local Homologation" eh?

·
Registered
946 Posts
>http://www.teamfocaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=001219
>
>I'm not sure if the link will work, but I just saw this over
>at http://www.focaljet.com
>
>It sounds like SVT will be releasing a race prepped SVT
>Focus with alot of goodies. Seam-welded body for one, no
>rear seat, no radio, Carbon Fibre hood, etc. There should be
>more info popping up. It sounds like a Ford Focus ACR type
>thing.
>
>How does a car like this fit in ProRally? It might be a
>solid Production class if they make enough of em.
>
>I dunno. I'm a Focus fan so I thought others might be
>interested.

Neon ACR was pretty stock with very little modifications, and many more than 1000 were sold. But not anywhere near the preparation that appears to have been done to these cars.

The only "Possible" way this car would be Production legal is if 1000 with these exact specs were built and sold. They would have to be available at the dealer. 10.2.F.1-10.2.F.3 and 10.2.F.10 specifies when "parts" can be added. It also has to weigh 1.05 pounds per cc, so it likely would need weight added.

I'd say Hello Group 2.

You can go to smaller brakes in Production, just not larger. 10.2.F.22 Pretty liberal brake rules as long as "the dimensions of the friction surface is not greater than origional equipment parts".

We can say how "cool" this car is, but it would take 30-35k to buy and have it ready for the first stage, and lots of people don't have the 150 for notes in their budget already. So there is no way 1000 of these will every be sold. SVT? Yes, SVT R? No way.

·
Registered
946 Posts
>
>Factory Option ???
>(would make it the only LEGAL seam welded Production class
>car ?)

Considering pretty much every Production class winner in the last 10 years seam welded their car, how much enforcement of this rule is there really?

How many people DON'T want seam welding? How many people that are going to build a Production car and run it for 5+ years will not want to seam weld their car? If you don't want to seam weld your car, fine, don't do it, but It will last much longer if you do. Cost per rally is much less if your car lasts twice as many events.

As I've said before, more and better competition is the goal. Not 1-2 year wonders that are never heard from again.

·
Registered
483 Posts
>So there is no way 1000 of these will every be sold. SVT? Yes, SVT R? No way.

I think it will all depend on the price and if the mentioned "street package" will be offered. Dont underestimate the "Sport Compact Car" crowd. I dont know if 1000 of these will make it to the track or stage, but I dont think Ford will have a problem selling 1000 of these at a reasonable price if they decide to make them.

·
Registered
521 Posts
...and to think someone way up the ranks made the statement that Ford would bale out of the WRC and other forms of racing in a few years now that Bill Ford was in charge. Seems that Bill is too much of a tree hugger, I would like to sign up for a tree hugging SVT Focus or maybe the new GT 40.

David:D

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Pete Morris (building "Son of CoROLLa.). I spotted the deliberate mistake on the showroom placard! Where's my prize? Do I win a new Focus? What the hell is SCAA? Send prize to.......

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a Subaru Banner from Sno-Drift that states that SOA holds the Manufacturer and Drivers Championship for the SCAA. Must be more than a mistake if both Subaru and Ford use that term.
Philip J. Boer
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts