its house in order, and several days later the
rally department issues a "report" that says
nothing.

I do not consider that anything worth writing
home about.

·
If money were no object
272 Posts
I agree with Foghorn and Don, its nice to hear something even if vague.
No I'm not going soft, but I am sure that they have not had much of a chance to breath lately...

Steven Perret
Car# 226
Driftin4 Racing
[email protected]

If you want to maim the fastest growing motor-sport in the SCCA, continue to crucify the entry level.

·
Registered
542 Posts
RE: Suspension investigation

>
>If you want to maim the fastest growing motor-sport in the
>SCCA, continue to crucify the entry level.

I like that tag line. Sounds like me a few years ago...

Give SCCA credit for trying to get the word out that they are doing something and hope to have it done soon. What more could be realistically asked for at this early point? (forget I said that-- JV and JL will bombard me with suggestions...)

I think that they could be more specific on what they feel might be wrong that they had to suspend it in the first place (or Pete Lyon just wanted to flex his muscles to the PRB...)

But, really, this is the trickle-down effect from the ProSeries growing so much. They get to play and Clubbers don't. Without that growth, no one would have been able to play. Doesn't that make you feel better? Maybe not, but it's probably close to the truth, and it makes rally worth fighting for. (just some one dig out that outhouse visual)

And only conspiracy theororists like Mr. Dillon would think that whacking the west coast Club events was a slap at the WSRC...

Pe
Rable Rouser

·
Registered
946 Posts
RE: Suspension investigation

>Give SCCA credit for trying to get the word out that they
>are doing something and hope to have it done soon. What
>more could be realistically asked for at this early point?
>(forget I said that-- JV and JL will bombard me with
>suggestions...)

Ultimately its unfortunate that events got cancelled, but its definately not a personal thing. It has nothing to do with east/west, it has everything to do with SCCA having the time to make a change that works and resolves several known problems.

Its simple enough really. SCCA is like mailing a letter using the regular mail. They have to have meetings and do things in a certain order. The rest of us are like E-Mail. Instant, now and only one person to convince.

Do you really want SCCA to make super quick off the cuff decisions that effect he sport? Taking a pause in Clubrally was the only choice they had. That doesn't mean we have to like it, its just the way it is for now. Its not a situation that can be put in a box and wrapped up in 15 seconds or they would have done that. They aren't taking a pause to piss people off, they are taking a pause so we can have a sport at all.

>And only conspiracy theororists like Mr. Dillon would think
>that whacking the west coast Club events was a slap at the
>WSRC...
I don't think it is. WSRC gets mentioned often by SCCA and I believe even in the latest Sportscar mag too.

>Pe
>Rable Rouser

It feels like they peed in our pool because we are effected first. I'm sure there will be plenty of pools peed in before its all said and done.

Trevor
(wanna be Rable Rouser, need to hang around Pe and his groupies more)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Conspiracies

>And only conspiracy theororists like Mr. Dillon would think
>that whacking the west coast Club events was a slap at the
>WSRC...

On the contrary, Paul, since "conspiracy" implies planning and foresight. Clearly the SCCA has not conspired against the WSRC's ClubRallies, they just jerked their knees because of a tragic accident. (They couldn't jerk the Pro program because of the huge TV cost they'd have to absorb.)

The SCCA has publicly and privately stated, from Steve Johnson, Kurt Spitzner and others, that they strongly support the WSRC. In my view it's just a bit of bad timing that it happened to be a WSRC event that was clobbered first. I also remain cautiously optimistic that our club will get things back in order soon.

And, on a tangentially-related note, I'm thankful that the SCCA posted an update on the web site even though the bulletin didn't really say anything. I consider it progress when our club chooses to communicate with its members, especially on such an important issue.

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts