Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who the distributor for DMS suspension is in Canada and if there isn't one in Canada who is it in the US?

Also, any good or sad stories about this product?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Lachute Subaru 1-877-568-3121 and ask for Mark who deals directly with Jamie Drummond, DMS founder and president. Great suspension and great guys. You'll see it on our car starting at Bighorn.

How's that for a vote of confidence?

Also of course, Pat used it until just recently when he arranged for Rieger from McGeer's car. The Rieger costs approximately five times as much as DMS, though...

ACP
www.musketeerracing.com
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Proflex is really good - no doubt about it. I liked mine. But it's roughly twice the cost too, and mine are now too sloppy to rebuild.

I think the jury is out on which suspension is better - looking at the DMS it's very well built and has huge bodies. Also they have an intelligent offset design for the rear of the Lancer that allows more travel than the other manufacturers. Remember my broken rear link at Perce? That's because we bottomed out the shock and snapped the link at the lower mount. A little more travel might have prevented a DNF.

ACP
www.musketeerracing.com
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thier cost is matching the DMS if you are buying directly from Holland. On our site you will find the web site of Proflex

www.aafce.ca
look for sponsors page)

Keep in mind that there is NO "exclusive North America" dealers. Send them a request for quote with car spec and what you are looking for.

I know that they got quiet interest from Canada after Prius start Rally.

Jerry

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jorge
Thank you all. I have used the Proflex before in my P-GT (P4) Talon, in fact back in 1994 it was the first car to have a Proflex suspension in Canada. It was definately great! and yes I also got it directly from Europe, However I have been hearing great things about DMS so it is really a toss. (it is going into a P3 car)

Thanks again to everyone.
P.S. I will let you know if price is actually the same

·
Registered
133 Posts
By the way, LACHUTE SUBARU phone number is 1-877-568-3121
and yes, speak to Mark Moore.

Great suspension...

Nick

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
PerceNeige

>Remember my broken rear link at Perce? That's
>because we bottomed out the shock and snapped the link at
>the lower mount.

Actually, it was because the routebook instruction was a bump or crest when it was a freakin huge jump. Lucky you didn't do a 'Nichols' impersonation end-doh!

·
Registered
665 Posts
RE: PerceNeige

>
>Actually, it was because the routebook instruction was a
>bump or crest when it was a freakin huge jump. Lucky you
>didn't do a 'Nichols' impersonation end-doh!

Not to get off-topic, but we drove off that same cliff as well, bent the rear-left hub carrier - radical negative camber, tire was rubbing on the spring perch. Even after we 'corrected' the problem with *two* 5mm spacers, the car became a bit of a handful. (*and* - I think I chipped a tooth :'( ) I'm pretty sure that others had issues with the same 'bump'.

I remembered some 'jump' problems from 2002 and specifically asked a question at this year's drivers meeting about the 'yump', 'bump', 'jump' notations in the route book (there were also instructions showing the same graphic, but with no qualifying word.) I guess I didn't understand the answer.

Robin

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
RE: PerceNeige

It was marked as a "bump" - that's the last thing that Gilles checked off in the book. We weren't even pushing very hard there - if I had been flat out we would have had a much more serious incident. If someone told me that we had 4 feet of air there I would not deny it.

The problem is that the leading cars (and even the mid-pack cars) are fast enough now that it's not easy for just anyone to do the routebook. Going over that thing at 30km/h in a street car might make it look like a crest into a downhill - but going over it in an AWD rally car that can accelerate to 100km/h in the blink of an eye makes it a big jump into a yawning chasm downhill on the other side. Of course we have to drive what we see in blind rallies, but that really needed a caution. I know of six teams that damaged their cars or their bodies (or both) on that jump.

Anyway - let's just all have it marked for next year. I think it's 1.7km into Corneilles. And instead of "bump" have the co-driver read "ARRGH!! ENORMOUS CAR-EATING CHASM IN THE EARTH IN 300!!"

acp
Flirting with the laws of physics. (sometimes she dumps you.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Jorge,

give me a cal 201-3846,I'd be haqppy to fill you in on DMS,and how to get it, we have used it for 3 years now, no problems, rears are starting to leak a bit, but Dave Clark is ready to have them done.
Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts