Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Judge and Jury award based on sympathy/technicality it dramatically affects all our freedom.

I would like to control my own destiny.
I take full responsibility for my actions.
I understand Rally is a dangerous sport to take part in as a participant, as a spectator, as a member of the organizers.
I understand mistakes can result in accidents.

Most lawyers are scumbags.
Judges used to be lawyers.
Most cases are started by lawyers not the victim. Because they care about you?
Successful corporations don't owe us.

Just my opinion:p

Go Vote Tomorrow!!!

Crazy E

·
Registered
115 Posts
> When Judge and Jury award based on sympathy/technicality it
>dramatically affects all our freedom.

This holds just as true for criminal cases as it does for civil. Should we cap criminal penalties as well?

> I would like to control my own destiny.
> I take full responsibility for my actions.
> I understand Rally is a dangerous sport to take part in as
>a participant, as a spectator, as a member of the
>organizers.
> I understand mistakes can result in accidents.

I'm not sure how any of this is related to tort reform, really. Thanks for your sharing, though.

> Most lawyers are scumbags.
> Judges used to be lawyers.
> Most cases are started by lawyers not the victim. Because
>they care about you?

I think you're an uniformed moron. MOST lawyers have absolutley nothing to do with personal injury/tort cases. Thanks for painting us all with such a broad brush.

> Successful corporations don't owe us.

What does this have to do with tort reform?

> Just my opinion:p

Just as this is mine.

> Go Vote Tomorrow!!!

Thanks for the pep talk. I almost forgot there was going to be an election.

Matt... just another scumbag.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>
>Please keep political speech in the Off-Topic forum.
>
>Jim, can you lock?

Considering the liability issues that caused SCCA to dump rally, it strikes me that the topic applies directly to rally in the United States.

The poster didn't say who to vote for. Nor did he bring up land use issues, or many other political issues that directly affect rally in this country.

But, then the PRB didn't typically support free speech and democracy within rally.

·
Registered
73 Posts
>> Most lawyers are scumbags.
>> Judges used to be lawyers.
>> Most cases are started by lawyers not the victim. Because
>>they care about you?

Eric,

I don't think Crazy is the correct word to describe you. Several others do leap to mind.

This is about the third time you have made this type of post on this forum. It is utterly offensive and provides no useful solutions. You seem to have a gripe with the constitution, our legal system, and civilized society in general. Please do as you feel you must but stop the useless name calling and inflammatory rhetoric.

If you would like to discuss the matter, this would require thought and arguments on your part, I'd gladly respond to a post in the Off-Topic forum. In the mean time I too would vote to close or remove this useless thread.

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
WHAT!!!!???? Somebody suggesting some aren't???

Are some of you suggesting that most laywers AREN'T scumbags?????

A wise guy I knew in Bawstin said getting upset about remarks about your incedental trade is sorta like complianing when somebody comes into the bar and shouts out "Hey! A**hole!"
and you turned around and said "What?"

Whaddya say then?

If it doesn't apply, then it wasn't addressed to you.

John "Has worked for some Scumbag Lawyers, and worked against some real Scumbag lawyers, too" Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!
Vive Le Groupe F!

·
Registered
689 Posts
RE: WHAT!!!!???? Somebody suggesting some aren't???

John - I never said "what" when people came in , it was more like "what's up"?
I knew a scumbag lawyer once - he rode Velo's he made rude remarks about Bultaco's - "Bulto moto made of tin rid em out an push em in" What a Scumbag!!!
If you really want to talk scumbag how bout track promoters who collect the money for insurance and then pocket it and run the event with out insurance or..... that sanctioning body demanding you ride on a clearly unsafe course or......

Tom

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
RE: WHAT!!!!???? Somebody suggesting some aren't???

> John - I never said "what" when people came in , it was
>more like "what's up"?
> I knew a scumbag lawyer once - he rode Velo's he made rude
>remarks about Bultaco's - "Bulto moto made of tin rid em out
>an push em in" What a Scumbag!!!
> If you really want to talk scumbag how bout track promoters
>who collect the money for insurance and then pocket it and
>run the event with out insurance

Yeah was hit by an out of control Multi-time French Champignon Serge Bacou in the first corner at a place in way WAAAy southwestern France in Aug 1977, crshed hard, was run over by several others broke both the bones at the wrist on the right arm and bit my damn tounge bad, and turned out the vile Promoter had pocketed the insurance money and it was a big scandal.
Didn't help me get home 2,600km to Stockholm first thru France back roads with a huge cast on the right arm trying to drive a way overloaded Puegoet 404 diesel with 4 on the tree shift.
I learned the idea of "Never lift" driving that car and really did have to reach around the wheel with the left hand to shift like
1,000,000 times.

Fortunately Sweden is a semi-civilised country like most of the Industialised world and my injuries and loss of pay was covered by National Health Insurance back to the day following the injury.
90% of my yearly pay divided by 365, paid 7 days a week, until I was healed.

Oh, everybody thinks lawyers are sleazy weasels there, too.
>
>
> Tom
>
PS Ambulance, X-rays, lunch, cast and company from a cutie pie Frechie nurse cost me a total of about USD 8.50, the hospital wrote a note in Englsh on their letterhead explaining the charges apologizing, and said maybe I should present the letter to my local Disability office for reembursment.
I did, and they did.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!
Vive Le Groupe F!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Has it occurred to anyone that 50% of all trial lawyers are working for the DEFENDANTS? And that 50% of all trial lawyers LOSE?

No, probably not.

Bruce

1 - 10 of 10 Posts