Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic has been debated in the past.

In late August I e-mailed Paul Westwick on the topic and here's what he said :

"The rules committee (which I chair) is looking at G5, amongst a whole bunch of other issues, and will be publishing their reccomendations in a couple weeks. From there, we have a period of about 6 weeks where anyone in the sport can write in with comments, and then the CARS board votes on each proposal in November."

If anyone favors a Group 5, please respond to this thread with your contact information.

Thanks,

Morten

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Morten the word I have heard just this afternoon from an unimpeachable source, all un-oafishally naturally, and I give to you and to Paddy out in Canukistan-Vostok all in hints and winks and with youse guysswearing fealty and double secret Probabtion is that the adoption of Gp 5 in Canada is.....IS.............................. ISSSSSSSSS certain enough that I'd say get a Gp5 car all you guys who have been dithering.

It is alleged that the rules announcement is awaiting only the translation into the languages of the Permanent Members of the Security Council, but don't say you heard it from me.
You you in the morning sometime OK?

Somebody tell "BC Boy" Skye poier out on Fishin Control 3 or whereever he is.

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

·
Registered
706 Posts
WOOHOO I'm all for Grp5 in Canada. I'll be back in BC in about 14 months and I'm planning on doing at least 4 events a year for 1-2 years, and then all the Canadian events after that, if that makes any difference.

What contact info would you like?

[email protected]

Would you like my BC snail address? If so send me a prv message

Skye

ps: FTC @ WW04 was fun. tireddd long day.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Put us on your list. My son has been to Maine 3 times, but I want him to see what rallying in 'real snow' is like and what dodging 'real rocks' (and I mean really really, really big rocks like at Voyageurs) is all about!

Make sure they make our Starion eligible.

Thanks,
Mark B.

[email protected]

·
Itinerant Co-Driver
581 Posts
If you're a current Group 5 competitor in NEDiv (or anywhere else if you don't mind the tow), I encourage you to enter the Galway Cavendish Forest Rally on October 2, north of Peterborough, Ontario. We're running an event-only Group 5.

Having actual Group 5 cars coming out to Canadian rallies will speak volumes about the interest in the class in Canada.

Plus, for US Group 5 cars, there is a tow fund (for the first 3 cars), and a prize fund (if more than 3 US Group 5 cars enter).

Entry forms, supp regs and more details are available on the event web site: http://gcfr.pmsc.on.ca

Jeff Hagan
Organizer
2004 Galway Cavendish Forest Rally

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
>Plus, for US Group 5 cars, there is a tow fund (for the
>first 3 cars), and a prize fund (if more than 3 US Group 5
>cars enter).
>
Tow fund for the 'top' 3 finishing cars, or the first 3 to enter???

Mark B.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Jeff,

1 dumb and odd question:

We run an old mechnical Halda. We don't have the gears to switch to km. Is there any way a sheet or sheets with the mileages....er, kilometer-ages (?)....could be provided at the event with the book to show both miles and km? I looked at the schedule and there is not enough time to work registration and such and do the translations by hand before first car out. Any help you could give here if we enter?

I told you it was an odd question....

Thanks,
Mark B.

·
Itinerant Co-Driver
581 Posts
>We run an old mechnical Halda. We don't have the gears to
>switch to km. Is there any way a sheet or sheets with the
>mileages....er, kilometer-ages (?)....could be provided at
>the event with the book to show both miles and km? I looked
>at the schedule and there is not enough time to work
>registration and such and do the translations by hand before
>first car out. Any help you could give here if we enter?

Are you planning to run notes?

Stage notes are supplied with the entry fee, so if you use them, you won't be relying much on the odo. Plus, the transit from rally HQ to the stage is pretty simple and short.

I'll have to check my rulebook, but I think that having organizer-provided routebook distances in two units of measurement brings up some rule legality issues. I'll confirm that, though.

If you still feel you need help, there are a few other options open to you:
- borrow a laptop with a spreadsheet package and a printer from someone at the rally to speed up the conversion process (try posting on the boards on the [link:www.rallysport.on.ca/bboard|Rallysport Ontario Message Board] or the [link:bb.pmsc.on.ca/phpBB2/|Peterborough Motor Sports Club Forum])
- borrow an adjustable odo

If things don't work out or you want to talk further, you can email me at [email protected] .

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.