Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
yep.... that's Peter Ryce from North Vancouver. I was checking out the car last night and they've just installed some custom fabricated bull bars. Car is due to be shipped out beginning of October for the long trip to Kenya.

·
Registered
409 Posts
>installed some custom fabricated bull bars.

...I guess for Africa that would be "Zebra bars", or in Australia "Roo bars". ;)

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there,

Just wanted to say thanks for the support! The day this article was posted was our busiest day on www.safari510.ca yet. Made us feel very patriotic...

My father, Peter Ryce, and co-driver are very busy tonight putting the final touches on the car, as it ships out for Africa tomorrow morning. Media photos are up on the site now, if you're curious as to what the 'finished' car looks like.

~Tim

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks terrific. Remember men, 50% of this race will be staying on the road to get to the finish, and 40% will be nursing the mechanicals to get there. 5% will be your personal endurance and innovation, and somewhere around 5% will be the actual racing part.

If you haven't already, might I suggest a few days at Tim O'Neil's rally school in New Hampshire? Best money I ever spent to improve my driving and the liklihood of staying on the road.

Best,

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts