Special Stage Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
If points per day is better than points per rally, is points per stage better yet ?
Watching the changes that the FIA is going through and trying to understand why (TV $), I would think we would be better off not taking direction from them.
Sprint rallies on fewer, re-used stages with a single service complex is watered down rallying, in my opinion. I think one of the things that makes rally great is the balance between the time gained from going flat out and the risks with going flat out. Knowing when to push hard and when to run at 9/10ths shouldn't be lost from the required skill set of drivers.
I also think the consolidation of service takes away some of the roots of rally. A wet service halt along side the road in the middle of nowhere isn't fun, but it distinquishes rally from the ever increasing sterile world of curcuit racing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
That's special! SUPER special!

I dunno, stadiums are alright I guess, if you're like SO 10 MINUTES AGO, but I was thinking about htis proposal for the next step, I mean why not just jump ahead to the thing after the next big thing? In my new MEGARALLY (tm) events it would be kind of like the opening stage at Oregon Trails, except on dirt. After each stage your time would be reset and you would get to do the stage again in a sort of knock-out tournament, except if you were in ClubMEGARALLY (tm) perhaps it would be MEGABracketed. For an extra $100 you would get the Jemba notes as well, which consist of "flat 400 over finish" in 72pt bolt for an extra margin of safety.

Skye

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.