Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Cheddarwagen Pilot
1,805 Posts
I used to use a pair of Bolle Zuma sunglasses. The arms were thin, mostly straight and pretty flexible, so they just slid right into the helmet.

Unfortunately, I took them off on stage once and they ended up rolling around the floor of the car and scratched up, so now I'm looking for a similar replacement.

·
Registered
661 Posts
+1 on cheap walmart ones. I think I found my current set in a CVS for $12 when at Sno*Drift since I left my normal sunglasses at home. Baller on a budget.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I actually do rock a pair of $3 over glass old man sunglasses. I keep them wrapped in a shop towel in my door pocket. Poof. Insta-cool.

·
No, your other left!
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wear sunglasses pretty much all the time. Since I'm ginger, I'm very sensitive to sunlight. Since they wouldn't be off my face long enough to get scratched, I'm not worried about losing them either. I'm not opposed to something that costs more than $10, but I'm not looking for $200 shades either.

·
Just did it
137 Posts
I like Ryders (www.ryderseyewear.com). They're mostly cyclist glasses, so they are designed to fit inside a helmet. Most designer brands stick out to far on the sides and don't fit under a helmet at all. They come in many styles, you can get polar, non-polar, different colored lenses, vented lenses are nice cause it prevents fog. They are all advertised as 'optically-correct', not 100% sure what that means, but it sounds good. I like the photo-polar brown lenses, they are the best for any rally conditions.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
do they work for right turns as well?

(someone had to) :p

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
I sport anything that's under $20. I've actually been rocking Knockaround's right now. I already broke a pair at STPR and don't care because I paid $14 for them. Last itme i spent $60 on sunglasses, I lost them at Sno*Drift.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It has almost become a rally tradition for me. I either forget my sunglasses at home, or they get lost in the big pile of stuff that comes along with me. Always ended up getting something either at a CVS, Walmart, or the gas station.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
LoL

:)

·
Jct Motorsports &Collision
374 Posts
After I added a little wedge to the left hinge, they seemed to perform equally as well left or right. Thankfully I don't need to use them in the rain.
Thats stagger you added. I have old school Ray-Bans aviator shooting glasses with yellow lense . You don't see the shaped area from trees as much. Think yellow ski goggle how they brighten up everything same effect and not sun glare.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts