Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe it is timely to give some credit where credit is due. The dignified manner in which I witnessed the Subaru Team handle a very sad situation this weekend gave me the impetus to speak up.

Despite what a VERY small (but vocal) minority of lifetime forum gripemaestros whinge about, Subaru has been a huge asset to those of us who love cars, love this sport & its history, and wish it a bright future.

It's funny, but most of the pastimes I personally care about, from cycling, to running, to rally, have gotten a boost from Subaru's involvement. Of course, Subaru's gotten a reciprocal boost, too(very obvious to anyone who's ever parked at a wilderness trailhead), but I don't begrudge them for being extremely savvy marketers.

Subaru got involved in this sport with the intention of winning over the hearts & minds of those who love efficient, practical, affordable performance cars (BTW... I've never owned one... yet) By the looks of the ClubRally entry lists, surveying the workers' & spectators' cars jamming the access roads, and looking at published sales figures, I'd say they've succeeded.

Of course there are always going to be some unforseen side effects to boosting the visibilty of a sport like rally, some growing pains that still need some massaging, but by the same token, I'm sure Subaru would have been snubbed by many of us had they NOT used the SCCA series to debut their US rally effort.

Subaru ... a true class act.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe it is timely to give some credit where credit is due. The dignified manner in which I witnessed the Subaru Team handle a very sad situation this weekend

Well said Don.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts