Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just received word from the people at Motor Sports Mundial that that the Subaru Rim of the World Rally will be broadcast soon.

They plan to run a short "teaser" on the Show Monday, Aug 22, 7:30AM, Eastern. The entire program will run on Sunday, Aug 28, 7:30AM, Eastern, and be repeated on Monday, Aug 29, 7:30AM, Eastern.

If you miss or can't catch the show during these times, you can also watch it on-line at http://www.revs.tv/.

We wish to thank Subaru Western Region and Autosport Engineering for helping to make this broadcast possible.

Ray Hocker
Chairman, Rim of the World Rally

·
Registered
907 Posts
great show once again. Greenlight TV production has been best to date out of any other US TV shows. Wonder how RA's coverage will compare.

Wonder what Greelinght could have done with the SCCA championship when all the top teams ran.

-george

·
Registered
724 Posts
Better than Cherokee which was better than Laughlin each show seems to show improvement I am very impressed with the coverage. All but one car we ran got coverage as well so I cannot complain.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ray,
The Rim coverage was beautiful, I just saw it on Rev.TV. The guys at greenlight should be lauded. It was pretty obvious they would do a good job, because they did a great job at Cherokee and Ramada. I'll have 4 stunning videos to show friends by the end of the championship.

Next year the USRC will have an exciting, full season. You'll be the first to have full tarmac rallies. You've got great organizers coming out of the woodwork, and amazing events popping up when it seemed like there was no possibility of new events in the US.

So, with this wonderfull product you have, for 2006, please ask yourself if your promotion is reaching the number and kind of eyeballs that will grow the sport. 10 minutes at 4:30 am in LA on a monday? Hardcore fans can tivo it, or watch on rev.tv, but that isn't spreading awareness. You might be better off advertising a strictly web-cast, or putting the burdonsom TV money into different forms of advertising. Maby you could take top finishers for trips in your bass fishing boat? See you in NY,
-Matt

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Matt,

Two things.

First it's 25 minutes at 4:30 in the morning. Our contract gives us the full half hour coverage or allows it to be split over two shows.

Second it's 7:30 in the morning if you live in the proper part of the country.

Which would you rather have, Katie Couric or Matt Iorio and Stephan Verdier with your Cheerios?

You know, that bass fishing trip for the winners sounds like a good idea too!

Ray Hocker

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>First it's 25 minutes at 4:30 in the morning. Our contract
>gives us the full half hour coverage or allows it to be split
>over two shows.
>
>Second it's 7:30 in the morning if you live in the proper part
>of the country.
>

How many people here have heard of a wax free toilet bowl gasket? Seriously, ask yourself, do you know what one is. Becuase under every toilet you've ever crapped on there is a bowl gasket. For just about forever, that gasket has been made of wax. They get the job done, and every plumber in America is comfortable with them. (Stay with me here folks, I'm going somewhere.) But a few years back somebody came up with a new fangled wax free gasket. This gasket is easier to install, never leaks, and is height adjustable. It really is a great product, that saves time and money, and is all around superior to the wax ones. Everybody who has tried one swears they'll never go back. I sell about hundred every year. In that same time, I'll sell about 1000 wax ones.

Why? Why does an obviously superior product fail to outsell it's lesser rival. BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE WAX FREE GASKET EXISTS! Why is that? Because it sits on the bottom shelf lost somewhere in the middle of our plumbing aisle. Your local hardware store might stock upwards of 15,000 different items, but when you leave that store, what items (other than those that you specifically shopped for) do you remember? You remember the ones on the endcaps, or featured in the aisles. Did you know that manufucturers pay big bucks to retailers like Lowes or Walmart to feature their products on endcaps? Did you think these products are on the end because they really are the best you can buy?

Okay, I'll spare you the rest of my boring day job.....But the moral is: You can have the best TV show on earth, but if it's on the bottom shelf of program time slots, nobody is going to see it, and nobody is going to know. You're better off saving your money and producing a crappy show, and then buying a better time slot for it.

"If you build it, they will come." Never has more untrue statement been uttered.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ray,
why do you have to bring me in this conversation.
I said it was a good coverage.
Actually there is something bad about it, I still can't understand a word of what I'm saying in the interviews. (stupid accent)
I don't know how, but I'm sure it's your fault Ray.;-)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd like to post a reply but I'm running out the door right now to pickup a wax-free toilet gasket. I don't know how I could live with out it!

Ray Hocker

·
Registered
58 Posts
MAybe you guys could tell me what Im foing wrong. I payed for 950 credits but it wont let me watch any movies just a plain black screen.:-(

·
Registered
724 Posts
the site is weird, I can pya for credits with my mac but I can't watch anything, I can watch it on my PC? I just cannot make heads or tails of it.

·
Faster !!!!
768 Posts
Awesome, excellent, way cool, bitchin' .... Fnarrrggghhhhhh ...

THE BOMB !!!

... how many ways can I say it ...

Great Show, Great Site ....

...great shots, great vids, great commentary ...

(Great Rally)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

... didn't work for me at work, but fine at home

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
>the site is weird, I can pya for credits with my mac but I
>can't watch anything, I can watch it on my PC? I just cannot
>make heads or tails of it.

I can't watch on my Mac either. It has to do with the operating system I believe, but I'm not sure. I use my PC at work (which is okay since I'm my own boss).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can't help but say I thought about buying the wax free toilet seal a year ago but I didn't know if it was any good. I liked the idea, but I had to error on the side of caution and go with what I know, wax. Next time I will try the o-ring style just because of Dennis' rave review.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Dennis, based on the replies, I think your point may have been missed. Everyone's poking fun at the gaskets, but you make a good point. I love Motorsports Mundial but would rarely see it if it weren't for my DVR. It's always on every weekend but rarely at the same time.
If someone has an inside line to Speed, PLEASE ask them why it can't be scheduled for an afternoon or better yet, in place of Pinks or all that other drivel on prime time.
I guess it comes down to who Speed is trying to reach with MM. If it's geared toward the hard core racing fans only, we'll find it and tape if we have to, but the average Joe will never know it exists (just like the toilet rings).

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
anyone have this on tivo that would make a copy of it for me if i sent them a video tape?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Multimedia does not have to do with the operating system. It has to do with your media player software. A lot of websites are put together and run by someone without any real technical expertise who will only code multimedia for Windows Media Player embedded in Internet Explorer running on Windows. It is unfortunate, and is completely unnecessary, but is currently what is happening.

In this case, you can always look through the website source code and manually download the Windows Media Player link (usually an ASX file) to your OS X desktop. Then, open the ASX file with your favorite text editor, look for the MMS:// link, copy it, and paste it into Windows Media Player for OS X. Nine times out of ten it will work perfectly.

In the case that you cannot play the video in Windows Media Player on Windows at work, the MMS streaming feeds are usually on ports blocked by a firewall and/or proxy server, which is why they play just fine at home.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts