Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is well versed in Manufacturers points?

Would it be possible for Subaru to bring in two or three WRC cars to lock up positions 1-3 and hope that they could win with 4th place?

I know the WRC cars can't compete for manufacturers points but can they take O/A positions?

(All this because the Subaru drivers don't have class listings on the LSPR entry list).

How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Mike

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That is their plan, to take up the first 4 positions to block Hyundai, but I think one of the nominated points cars needs to finish 2nd or better. I have heard Milner and Laukkenen will be driving group N cars

·
straight at T
647 Posts
There's a lot of deck stacking going on. Notice David Higgins entered in a Grouo N car. I guarantee you he won't be driving for the Gr.N win, but for second place behind Tim O'Neil. They are going to try to put as many Gr.N cars between Tim and Ralph Kosmides as possible. Of course, that plan doesn't work if Ralph finishes ahead of Tim. Basically, I think Ralph can finish one position behind Tim and still win the championship.

Geez, all these Brits come over and they start pulling tactics and strategy and team orders on us! I guess we're not so innocent any more...

Would it be safe to predict a lot of protests at LSPR?...

-DC

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Aren't both O'Neill and Kosmides independants? Why would Subaru intentionally try to place "team" cars between them? That doesn't seem to make sense if they are both vying for the Group N championship and both of them are in Subies (Tim's is a 2002 to Ralph's older 2000). Did Tim somehow get last-minute factory backing and we don't know something here? Prodrive's 2003 plans starting to take effect? Why would Subaru intentionally attempt to make Tim win? They won the Group N manufacturer's championship already. I'm just guessing that whoever at ProDrive sent in the forms forgot to fill in stuff like class designation, co-driver's name, airspeed velocity of an unlaiden swallow (European w/ coconut), etc. I'm also guessing David Higgins in Group N is likely a misprint. Why would AVsport bother to make changes to his car.

Jerry:7

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's not a misprint, David will not be running his Open class car, he will be in a completely different Group N wrx prepared by AV Sport. His overall and open class titles are wrapped up, the open class car is for sale, and now AV Sport wants to ensure the Group N victory too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tim has an affiliation with AV Sport, it's not subaru helping Tim win the title, it's AV Sport. Tim wins, David gets second, Kosmides gets 3rd = Tim wins title = AV Sport wins Open and Group N

·
Registered
162 Posts
Tim's car has been prepped by AV all of this year and I also think they are the owners. As mentioned earlier, AV would like to win both open and Group N.

Bob Campbell
[email protected]
BCR Rallysport
Colorado Springs, CO

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>Tim's car has been prepped by AV all of this year and I also
>think they are the owners. As mentioned earlier, AV would
>like to win both open and Group N.
>
>Bob Campbell
>[email protected]
>BCR Rallysport
>Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks! I hadn't seen Nick's comments when I posted my query.

It all makes sense now. I wonder what would be happening if Ralph had bought an AV car?? Or maybe the AV guys just don't like blue cars. ;-)

Halley ...
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
533 Posts
>airspeed velocity of an unlaiden swallow (European w/
>coconut), etc.

Not to pick nits here, but a swallow (European or African) with a coconut would not be unladen.

:p
JBLewis

·
straight at T
647 Posts
Thanks, Nick, for clarifying that for people. I'm not saying that Prodrive/SOA has anything to do with the Gr.N battle. I meant AV Sport will be putting as many cars as they can between O'Neil and Kosmides. I guess I didn't make that clear. Probably they will put Diggins in Peter Workum's Gr. N car, but who knows. Should be an exciting Gr. N battle.

All you've got to watch out for with Prodrive is just be sure you're not standing in front of Lovell's car when he's driving through the service area!

-DC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts