Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Active suspension is banned from the WRC from 2005, but it's legal now. The word was that Solberg was going to have it at San Remo, but Speed said nothing in the broadcast. Did he? Was that what made him so slow? Or helped him run out of gas?

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Don't they run with two fuel pumps?

I Naved a UK Clubman level Vauxhall Nova 1400 that came to an event here which ran with two fuel pumps. That saved our rally as the avgas was drying out the diaphram on the pump and we had to switch back and forth. Mind you when it went down on the stage the first time it did take a lot of running around to figure out the problem.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they do run two fuel pumps. Hell, I run two fuel pumps.

I would say that it was an excuse for something significant wrong with the car, but then I don't think they would have bothered pushing to service if they hadn't thought it could be fixed.

ACP
Flirting with the laws of physics.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
From worldralynews.com

Subaru cans ?active? car
October 15, 2003
Subaru has decided against running its ?active? suspension system on the Tour of Corsica and there is even a possibility that it will never be seen in World Championship rallying again.

Although Norwegian star Petter Solberg was impressed with his car?s balance when it was used for the first time on the Sanremo Rally, it failed to deliver the anticipated boost in performance and after a test in Britain last Friday, it has been decided that both works Imprezas will be in ?passive? trim this week and probably in Catalonia the week after.

?The feeling after Sanremo is to consolidate,? Prodrive-Subaru Director David Lapworth said. ?We?re better off to concentrate on next year. Because the rallies are so close together, we didn?t feel we had the time to react. Our strategy is to get three-four-five points [for Solberg] from the next couple of rallies.?

The hydraulic/electronic dampers are scheduled to become a standard feature of the 2004 tarmac specification, but Lapworth conceded that the likelihood of a ban on any form of active suspension in 2005 might prompt the team to concentrate resources in other areas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts