Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOT!

Like a fool I allowed a note with SCCA Prescott Forest ProRally past my TMDA anti-spam defense and here's what I got:

Goodday Mad Mike ,
My Name is DOUGLAS ROY i'm highly interested in buying your (CAR).Let me know your least offering price and i would like to know present condition of it? Send pics also.In respect of my shipping,i have a reputable International Shipping Company that take care of my shipping down to destination and i will like you to know that the mode of payment is going to be by MONEY/CHEQUE so if that is okay by you please let me know asap .Kindly get back to me via my email account if my enquiry acceptable this for this iteam SCCA Prescott Forest ProRally Thanks, Best Regards.... DOUGLAS ROY
I have an idea of how to respond (when I get a minute) but I would certainly entertain response recommendations from the peanut gallery ... ;-)

Halley ...
BE the Snow Tortoise!
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
309 Posts
RE: We've been through this already

The gramar is a bit suspect. I think I will start calling you Maaad **** Holley

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
RE: We've been through this already

Hey Maaaad ****,

Been there, done that on the Arrow. I just reply and tell them that payment has to be in cash, USD, in person, and that if for foreign purchase, the price increase by $5000 USD for 'special handling' Ususally takes care of this problem.

Mark B. :)

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Ask the buyer to meet us in the Kiamichis. Lots of places to dispose of the body. I'll bring the shovel. :)

See also frudster.com for a method to collect your very own cashiers check for a large sum.
Richard

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tell him that as an FBI special agent, his email is being tracked as a standard precaution. You will need him to send you two more emails so that his position can be triangulated by the special software, and then, after a brief background check, you will have an answer for him.

Alin

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
I had two such buyers for my GTX when I had it up for sale last year.

I led both of them along pretty far and then I told them that I had heard about this scam involving payment by cashier's check and, while I, of course, didn't think that they were trying to scam me, I could not accept a cashier's check, just to protect my interests. Surprisingly, I never heard back from them.

alan

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Get these all the time. You don't want to know my responses! Lurch, you're just Mr Nice Guy!

Check out this one for a few laughs. Long, but interesting.

http://www.scamorama.com/

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This guy is something else. Unlike one of the the links shared here where the guy wanted a saad instead of a SAAB this dude isn't looking for a car, he's looking for a rally! If he's got enough money and I can get this deal done maybe we'll be blessed with three sanctioning organizations ...

I wonder how he'll take the news about SCCA's divorce of ProRally?

Prescott Forest SCCA ProRally in Prescott, AZ this the product i want tell me the price
thanks

mehalley <[email protected]> wrote:

Which car?

Halley ...
RWD and normally-aspirated ROCKS, let's get it on in Group F!
http://www.realautosport.com

·
Registered
789 Posts
Best advice is to "delete" the email. Do not waste your time or worse.

I saw a TV program once on the 419 Nigerian oil minister scams and that was the advice of law enforcement. The scammers can be dangerous (violent).

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
<<< The scammers can be dangerous (violent). >>>

What are the odds that you'd ever meet one of these bozos!

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have nice collection of bogus checks I received from numerous 419ers. I even turned one to the authorities but nothing came out. One seller had the guts to call me on my phone using an internet phone service for the hearing impaired, the girl at the phone service told me that she was getting a lot of these muppets every day.

Just ignore them.

Cheers
M.Samli

·
Registered
452 Posts
><<< The scammers can be dangerous (violent). >>>
>
>What are the odds that you'd ever meet one of these bozos!
>

We had a client of our accounting firm that actually ended up being held for ransom in Nigeria. This was way back in the day, but everything was legit until he got there.

The family/company paid the money and got him back alive.

Mark Tabor
www.taborrallyteam.com

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well Mike I got one yesterday for my Derbi GPR50 from a guy named John Scott whose english did not sound like his first lanquage. My first hought was this guy may be a tosser.....Now that I see yours I'm really suspicious.

Tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts