Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I parted out my VW MkII Golf this past weekend, and as a result have a straight, NON-SUNROOF MkII Golf shell available for cheap to rally teams.

The shell is fairly clean (no dents that I am aware of), but the metal fenders have been cut (it had wide G60 fender flares front & rear for clearance for track tires; I think I still have all the wide fender flares, but the fender flares aren't in that great condition - faded from the sun, and IIRC one of them is a bit chewed up - it came loose while driving & rubbed on the tire). The shell also has relatively minor surface rust in a couple of locations (around bottom of rear tail lights, about the size of a quarter under one of the rear windows, and along the bottom of the front windscreen), and the paint is peeling. But I think with some relatively minor rust removal & a repaint it would make a good shell to prep for rallying.

The shell also currently has full glass (including factory tinted left & right side power windows), most, if not all, of the wiring as well & 'big doors' & rear 'big bumper'.

I have the title (I think it's a clean title, though I don't remember for sure, interested parties can contact me for the VIN# if that is important to them, and they want to run a carfax or similar on the VIN#).

The shell is currently located in Yorba Linda, CA, and I would like to get it removed from there a.s.a.p. If there are no takers in the next couple of weeks (say by Sun Jan 22nd; hey out-of-towners, you could combine picking up the shell with the CRS Awards Banquet), I will likely get the shell scrapped.

Not sure what to ask for the shell, but I could probably get a couple hundred bucks for it as scrap metal, and this shell currently still has full glass & the majority of the wiring in place as well, which should be an advantage for a rally team. Make me a reasonable offer & be able to tow the shell away in the next couple of weeks, and it's yours.

I will most likely have pics up later today.

If there are any other questions, let me know & I'll be happy to answer.

Piers O'Hanlon
socalrally {at} gmail [DOT] com

P.S. I also have pretty much everything else available as spare parts as well, but all of that will be sold at used parts market value, so the most interest/value for rally teams is likely to be the shell (either as a spare shell or a replacement shell for a rally car that has been crashed/rolled).

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Last chance. Now is the time to act if you are at all interested in the whole shell:

DEADLINE is Sat Feb 18th if you want to pick up the whole shell.

It should be pretty easy to load the shell onto a trailer, as it's pretty light with the whole drivetrain removed.

Sun Feb 19th onwards the shell will be stripped for body parts e.g. doors, rear hatch, fenders, hood etc. before the remainder is scrapped. I already have several potential buyers for the doors & fenders that seem seriously interested, so if you have any special requests for body parts or any of the glass in the event that the shell gets stripped, get your requests in early!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts