Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pulled it off! STPR came off without losing a stage due to any spectator issue.

I am the Chief of Controls for the event and the organizing comittee had spent many hours revising the oganizing plans for the event. As we all know, Safety was the priority for this event. Many ideas were incorporated, most very good and a few not so good.

What I would like to say is THANK YOU to everyone! I was driving the Car 00 course opening car and almost every spectator we talked to was very understanding and cooperative (there will always be a few that are a challenge, but they were truly the minority!)

The workers, competitors, and spectators all did a great job! That was how we pulled off this event without losing a stage due to spectators. There we many people that I talked to before the event that had "money" on losing between 3 to 6 stages. I am glad we all proved them wrong!

For those of you that had the confidence to come and compete - thank you for your confidence in our event.

For those of you that possibly stayed away for fear of losing multiple stages due to spectator issues - you missed a great event.

If you came to spectate - we hope you had a great time. We know that spectating was very different this year, but tried very hard to give you a good safe show.

ProRally will never be the same as it used to be, but I think everyone proved that it can still be a great safe experience.

Alan Smith
STPR Chief of Controls

·
Registered
789 Posts
Thank you, Alan.

I liked the new control board "holders"; the timer transmitter did not work at our finish control.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Congratulations. I really didn't think any stages would be run (not because of you & your workers, but because I thought the yellow horde would find panic behind every tree). I am very relieved to be proven wrong. To successfully manage the entire event, and stay mostly on time, to boot, is truly a remarkable accomplishment. My organizer's hat is off to you. My sometime competitor's hat thanks you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks to all the workers that made it possible! Also, thanks to Dave Clark for making the long tow and keeping the RX7 running as always.
D.H.
Car # 207

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.