Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67 of 80 or 90 slots filled. Too bad they didn't include a ClubRally or two. Can we say disappointing entry?

The low car count will make the event easier to manage, so this is a small blessing.

Lauchlin's start position must be a mistake, 9th on the road. Do 2003 finishes not count? The speed factors are not listed but there must be a mistake or the factors need to take into account improvement in skill level more quickly/accurately.

Will Jonny Milner really run Group N? That was his original intent, ran open because the N car was not ready and then I thought he changed his mind and decided to run Open. Maybe changed his mind again.

Brian Hourt returns to the fray, Seed 2 starting 31st, he regularly finished in the top 10. Even with the new field of supercars, he'll move up the list as the day goes on, top 20 without trying and top 15 with attrition. I'd go for top 10 finish but seat time makes a difference and its been a while.

The sport has evolved quickly: Gail Truess is entered (Girls Kick But!), 47th on the road! She lead Sno*Drift just 5-6 years ago. I'll expect her to finish higher in the order.

The Stud Bug is on the list!

Any other observations?

Mike

·
Registered
946 Posts
>67 of 80 or 90 slots filled. Too bad they didn't include a
>ClubRally or two. Can we say disappointing entry?

Its 90. I bet they are lucky to get to 80. I think a lot of it has to do with only !!2!! Production entries. I think the ProRally licence requirements are catching up to Production class back east. STPR has had 10+ Production cars many times.

Perhaps they will make sure they get their 90 in the future by guarantee of 30 Clubrally only competitors getting to start.

>Lauchlin's start position must be a mistake, 9th on the
>road. Do 2003 finishes not count? The speed factors are
>not listed but there must be a mistake or the factors need
>to take into account improvement in skill level more
>quickly/accurately.
Even though the Rim event was ran in the Monsoon conditions, speed factors were updated after the event. Mr Higgins is pretty fast in the mud.

·
Registered
339 Posts
On the official list Tim is a Seed 1 with a speed factor lower than .95

Brian "Maybe Airforce has something to do with starting up front?"

·
Registered
533 Posts
I believe Seed 0/FIA is for those compitor holding an FIA competition license... On that logic, it would that Tim has acquired and is exercizing an FIA comp license.

JBLewis

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's listed at .93

Which adds the question: How do they figure out that the top 7 will be the seeded draw?

Is it everyone over .95 seed 0 drivers?

To be honest the rule (.95 = 2 minutes)was intended to give everyone who has a realistic chance to win an even playing field. I think the rule might need to include everyone .90 and above. And then you need to matrix it so that in a smaller event the top 10 starters all get an equal chance to win...

The rule is not intended to be fair to the entire field so I guess I'll let Mitsubishi worry about the inequities.

Mike

·
Registered
946 Posts
>So why is Higgins not the 100 guy? He seems to be the one
>winning events?

That is an excellent question. He has a 1 on the side of his car for a reason...

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
>Even though the Rim event was ran in the Monsoon conditions,
>speed factors were updated after the event. Mr Higgins is
>pretty fast in the mud.

They may have been updated somewhere but not on the SCCA web page. Some changes in speed factor haven't been made since before Sno*Drift.

Yes, I am one that moved up in speed factor at SD.

Mark Utecht

·
Registered
946 Posts
>
>>Even though the Rim event was ran in the Monsoon conditions,
>>speed factors were updated after the event. Mr Higgins is
>>pretty fast in the mud.
>
>They may have been updated somewhere but not on the SCCA web
>page. Some changes in speed factor haven't been made since
>before Sno*Drift.
>
>Yes, I am one that moved up in speed factor at SD.
>
>Mark Utecht

Rally-America.com has the latest speed factors.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
>I'm wondering how Tim O'Neil became a seed 0/FIA?
>
>Brian

Well, latest speed factors (as of 5.8.03 - which is after Rim) (from Rally America website) Timo is at .96

2003 rules (2.2.B.3.b) - any driver "...with a SpeedRanking number of 0.95 or better, will be considered to be Seed O...". (This is in addition to seed group by virtue of seeding points.

press on,

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
So now Rally America is the official source of information. I guess I can tear up all those SCCA bulletins & remove their site from my favorites list.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
>Did I read the start list correctly, there is a seed 7
>registered.

Kevin ran the car at Sno*Drift and finished, I believe, in the ProRally event. Isn't that a Production car, though? Fixed up to Gr.2 specs recently? It used to be the old Tom Young/Jim LeBeau car.

Other than that, Rob has a ton of time in the right seat at STPR.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Kevin also won the 1999 one lap of america overall (102 entries).

One lap is a tarmac stage rally with the world's worst
stage / transit mileage ratio. 110 stage/5,000 transit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts