Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mighty "thin" list :-( Pretty far cry from the cast of characters that have taken the start flag in many of the previous years. Don't take offense or get your panties in a tizzy ... you'all know what I mean and I mean no offense to or detract from the current people on the list. The truth is that the # of entries and the lack of what people call "marquee" names is not as substantial as in years past. Plain and simple. If you can't recall or have not attended STPR in the past, check out www.stpr.org archives for the last 1/2 dozen or so years and you should see what I mean. I have been attending STPR's romp thru the PA forests for an obscene number of years and will go regardless of "who" shows :) It was just an observation, not a complaint. Let the show go on...and it should be good one :9 Good luck to all involved and all that are going !

Barry D. Wargula

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Told you so

>Mighty "thin" list :-( Pretty far cry from the cast of
>characters that have taken the start flag in many of the
>previous years.

Previous STPR organizer greed and non regard to the needs of the competitors has hurt the event. I'd rather pay more to fly to RockyMountain Rally (and am) this weekend than drive to Wellsboro (my local event)to support STPR next week. Although I'll still come spectate.

That and NASA is better meeting the needs of Club level rallying on the east coast which may be why there aren't many Club entries.
Check out the number of drivers/codrivers signed up for the eastern regional RA championship compared to the other RA regions.
http://www.rally-america.com/info/info_index.html

See you in Maine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
RE: Told you so

Thanks Dave for your input and opinion, helps see some possible reasons with the entry/start list. I know there are others, like Pikes Peak right around the corner and $$$ and time off and lack of a unified major championship in United States/North America plus who knows what else. BUT, that doesn't make me feel any better about the state of one of my favorite rally's if much of what you say is on target. It was not my intent to open any can of worms, just wanted to voice my observation of the start list. I am hopeful things don't get too bleak for ole' STPR 'cause it has been one awesome event for those of us on the outside that have been watching for many years.

Barry D. Wargula

1 - 6 of 6 Posts