1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>
>Now back to my original question..... Any guesses as to the
>differences between the two machines?
>
34mm is theoretically limited to 300hp, but most WRC teams get in the 330 to 340hp range. I would expect the Tiburon to making about the same, although probably a bit less torque than in the WRC car. Gearing should be equal to the Mitsu RS "low, low" set, which tops about 128mph. The car is very light, right around the 2700lb weight limit. Burke told me the car was excellent at high speed, not as good down low.

32mm, stock block cars run in the 270-280hp range. I believe homolageted min weight for the Suby is around 2800lbs, but don't quote me on that. Either way, it's very difficult to get them that low. That's why a Prodrive N10 costs $150k. According to RA scales most of the GN cars in the States are running closer to 3000lbs. Gearing should be similar (as in similarly optimized) to the Lancers and Tiburons. Most guys I've talked to say the cars puke out at 100mph, but then again I felt my open class evo did the same, so it might all be relative.

There is lotsa other differences, such as diffs, brakes, etc... that add up to a tenth here and a tenth there. SCC did a side by side comparison of a VSC GrN Suby and Havir's Open class car. Tim Oneil did the driving, and I don't remember the exact numbers, but the difference was less than five percent.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
> The car is very
>>light, right around the 2700lb weight limit. Burke told me
>>the car was ...
>
>Nope,
>
> Hyundai weight not significantly different than a bugeye
>sube, all podium Open and GN cars were within 180lbs of each
>other, and the lightest was still 450+lbs over the minimum.
>Same cars weighed higher at STPR than OT due to mud.
>
>

Ahh, I must have been given "racer's weight" (which is analogous to racer's horspower: always a little exaggerated). Thanks Mike!

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.