Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
It's early yet. This has happened with STPR the last couple of years, but come rally time, the green is always full. I hope that's the case again this year.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Wonder why?

>...doesn't it?

I've spoken with 4 drivers/teams that I've previously codriven for about entering STPR. The consensus was either to wait for MaineForest or run CherokeeTraikls and Canadian events instead. Each cited pretty much a dislike for the STPR organization. I myself won't pay another STPR entry after they screwed me a couple years ago. Two of those teams also had the same problem I had.

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
I noticed that Thumper is no longer on the list. Also, it hasn't been updated in about a week. I expect more Irish guys from Yonkers to show up on the entry list too (as long as they've been using Miracle-Gro on the Evo tree after Cherokee).

Pete

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
>It's early yet. ...

Well its past the first price break. I would think most would have entered before the price went over a grand.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Peter Thomson's entry

Peter is entered at RockyMtn Rally in Calgary the week before. Maybe he has 2 cars now or is having his car towed back instead of depending on the train.
Last year Zimmer entered both but delays on the train made him miss STPR. Needless to say, STPR/FLR kept the entry fee.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well, all the rooms are booked, so there should be a lot of people there (competitors and spectators) or a lot of room cancellations will be forthcoming.

I was also wondering what happened to Thumper?

Gary
Loose Nut Racing

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
RE: Peter Thomson's entry

>Peter is entered at RockyMtn Rally in Calgary the week
>before. Maybe he has 2 cars now or is having his car towed
>back instead of depending on the train.

His car is almost certainly towing out and back - cube vans don't fit on the train.

Adrian

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
'98 = 80
'99 = 80
'00 = 80
'01 = 90
'02 = 86
'03 = 64
now = 46 and 11 of them are ?
---
another point on hotels...
officials, workers and spectators need a place to stay as do plain old tourists so hotels aren't a good way to tell entry level.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
>another point on hotels...
>officials, workers and spectators need a place to stay as do
>plain old tourists so hotels aren't a good way to tell entry
>level.

While I'm not entering, I'm keeping the reservation at Penn Wells Lodge indefinately. If I go or not to spectate or crew for friends, depends.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This seems to be the norm. Unfortunately someone has to die to get your name on a list for a room in town. I've been on a waiting list at the PW Lodge for 4 years.

Camping this year in the canyon.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hmm, I know people who have received rooms at the hotel without being on a waiting list at all. I had to be on one for 2 years and like Dave will not cancel my reservation.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. The first year they put me on the "list", my name was mysteriously absent when I checked on it the following year. So I resubmitted it. Perhaps this "list" is a figment of someone's imagination and I need to carry more cash in my pocket.

I stayed there last year in someone elses rooms. Every other year I've been in Mansfield or Ansonia or some other spot since about '94.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The person stayed with me last year in my room. I always make reservations before I leave on Sunday for the following year. He asked to be on the list at that time and recieved a room. I have been staying there since '96 and hope to keep staying there or the Lodge for the future even with the new Management/Ownership.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
RE: Peter Thomson's entry

The NWR ClubRally events Dryad Quest and Shitepoke (both C3) are the same weekend as STPR and less than $500 for both. Of course, you have to balance that against the damage that you will do to your car that you probably won't do at STPR :p

I'll be at Dryad/Shitepoke, but I don't enter a car.

Someday I would like to see more of STPR than the welcome reception, though.

alan

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Running ESRC events and Maine so STPR has to wait for this year; too close to CT for us to be sure we are prepped. Love the event, like and respect the organization and folks, but if the late entry is over $1k, that's getting a bit ridiculous. Well, they won't have to worry about overusing the roads and having long stage operating times!

Mark B.

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
>>
>>I was also wondering what happened to Thumper?
>>
>Maybe his Hot Wheels money is hiding out with SCCA's???????

Hmmm....he showed back up on the Entry List. Latest update day says May 18th now, but it took nearly 5 days for that to show up.

Pete

·
Registered
625 Posts
Im running the event as my first gravel rally.. I am pretty excited and a bit nervous too.. Im staying at the motor coach inn just outside of town.....

Larry

1 - 20 of 48 Posts