Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hmmmmm.....

Something doesn't look right...

Seems as though a few drivers and co-driver have been switched on the list.

·
Four tree two remember Andrew
1,633 Posts
RE: Hmmmmm.....

Now, I thought that 12 years was the cut-off for production vehicles.

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Manufacturer teams aren't yet listed.

Remember too that there's still another week to go before the entry fee is raised so people may be waiting till the last minute.

By the way, the STPR people I've been dealing with have all been very helpful and friendly, including the branch manager of the Wellsboro C&N Bank. I'm happy to report that this year's C&N stickers will be vinyl instead of paper. (No, it wasn't my doing....)

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Loose nut behind the wheel
1,074 Posts
> I'm happy to report that this
>year's C&N stickers will be vinyl instead of paper. (No, it
>wasn't my doing....)

Three cheers for whoever finally chose to fix a minor but extraordinarily aggravating problem!

Mark Utecht

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope a lot more teams sign up within the next 7 days!! I'm not sure what the "break even" number of entries is, but it must be north of 22 (or even 28 with the factory teams). Perhaps they will re-open the event to club entries? It may be priced too high to draw many club entries.

Bill Rhodes

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The registration process was made very strict this year. If you did not submit complete information and full payment up front, your entry was not considered. I expect there are a lot of folks now working hard to get all the detailed bits and pieces info to the registrar. And a number of NE teams probably delayed entry unitl after Sawmill to see if their cars were in good enough shape to go to STPR. So I expect the number to be revised upwards dramatically in the next week.

As far as break even, I would expect the event to go on even with 40 or so entires. A lot of the funding comes from outside entry fees....hence the interest in easier-to-remove major sponsor sitckers!

Regards,
Mark B.

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
RE: STPR

Mark,
I'm up in Edmonton getting ready for two consecutive rallys here in Alberta.
I won't know if I still have a car until after the next STPR deadline and I'm ready to bag it all because of the overly strict entry policies.
---
The difference is amazing. Here, we're regarded as valuable entries, are welcomed, picked up at the airport, put up in individual's homes and ferried around even though we're strangers to them. The cars were sent from Toronto to Calgary and back for free to bolster the entry list. The entry is $360 and there's prizes and prize money.
At STPR, we're known and friendly with all the organizers (as it is our local event) and treated like its a privilage to attend. If you're lucky, you win $50 for winning your seed and pay $50, $100 or $650 (or more!) to withdraw!
---
Boy am I glad I live near an international bridge!
rz

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Boycotting STPR

Last year STPR kept $425 of mine for withdrawing because our suspension was still in Australlia taking longer than promised to being rebuilt. Nowhere else is N America is the penalty for withdrawal so harsh. Why does STPR think they are above other rallies. Rim only charges a $30 adminstrative fee. $425 vs $30 is BIG difference.
Never again is STPR getting my $$.

See you in Maine.
Dave Shindle

·
Registered
118 Posts
RE: Boycotting STPR

Randy:

From what I hear,you are not the only one boycotting STPR. Others are doing it for various reasons. Just look at the entry list.

Carlos Lopez
E.T. Racing
Car # 151

1 - 13 of 13 Posts