Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting a new helmet with the Hans and was wondering what people thought of the Stilo stuff. Looking at the "trophy plus" model. I am using the Terra Pro intercom and want to upgrade the earphones and this looks like it might do the trick.
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Try doing a Search, there was a thread sometime back that IIRC mentioned they were a bit of an odd shape and could be somewhat uncomfortable depending on the shape of your head.

Also, try PMing Christian Edstrom, I know he had one a couple of years ago when they first came out, and could likely give feedback as to his experience with the Stilo.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Audi UrQ said:
Try doing a Search, there was a thread sometime back that IIRC mentioned they were a bit of an odd shape and could be somewhat uncomfortable depending on the shape of your head.

Also, try PMing Christian Edstrom, I know he had one a couple of years ago when they first came out, and could likely give feedback as to his experience with the Stilo.
I think that was me about it not fitting my head, but I have a big ass, slightly odd shaped head. Sparco and Peltor's fit, but tightly and leave red marks on my forehead.

There's quite a few people using them from both Checkpoint Racing and from Davenport, the two dealers I know of.

·
Surrender the Booty.
2,149 Posts
Really REALLY like mine. Got it from davenport, along with adaptors for both Peltor and Terrephone. Comfortable, good earphones, very nice mike boom adjustability. Of course my head is shaped odd in the right way though.

·
Can't we go any faster?
486 Posts
I don't think my head is odd shaped in any way and I love mine. The chinstrap is a little loose, but other than that, it fits like a glove.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have measured my noggin a few times to ensure accuracy and using a gooood measuring tape I get 60cm. Does this sound like a Large to most of you? I have no one near me to try theirs.
Bryan

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
Be aware that the fits of the open faced and closed face ones are pretty different. Open faced one fits normally, while the closed face one seems very coneheady and slides up on my head.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can't fault Stilo in my experience, intercoms are very clear and good volume, although its not ideal converting to a peltor intercom as its another connection in the line to fail....but then i notice these things as im a sparky.....!

I've gone from medium open faced Peltors in the past to a Stilo SR3 full face and it needs to be large otherwise theres no chance of it fitting.

-Robbie Durant

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help guys! Just ordered the Stilo (Trophy Plus) and Hans....I'm sure I will appreciate the upgrade.
Bryan

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was thinking that the face piece on the stilos would provide better protection. Then, I started thinking that the face piece may get annoying when milling about service areas and in between stages when trying to have a conversation with someone. Any thoughts on that aspect? The peltor mic just flips up out of the way so it may be easier to live with. Also, does anyone find that the peltor mics fall down frequently?

EDIT1: Oh yeah, and how do they fit? I tried on a Peltor in L and it was too small and would need an XL. But, when I go to the Stilo sizing chart, I measure 58cm which means I should need a large in a STilo. Do the Peltor's fit a bit small or something?

EDIT2: Looking at the peltor sizing chart, I should be a M in a peltor but I found even the large to be VERY snug. Are they supposed to be super tight fitting? Does the padding pack out over time?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
^^^ replied to your PM
WRC

I also echo the "I love my Stilo" comments.

The pull down visor for us glasses wearing guys is a main reason as well as fit and intercom system.

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
Also, does anyone find that the peltor mics fall down frequently?
The peltor mics don't move at all once adjusted.

I've never tried stilo so I can't really compare otherwise.
I took an xl peltor and while the padding does 'back off' with time, I wouldn't buy based on that.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I like the Stilo WRC because I personally broke booms every event on my intercom back in the day. I went with a full face Sparco Rally Plus though as it's got built in Peltor intercom and Stilo doesn't fit my head, which is quite large.

·
2011 ARC Privateer Champion
17 Posts
Been using the Stilo WRc for about 3 years now, best helmet I have ever had. Getting a new one soon with the HANS posts on it, my original has done 75 rallies and is getting a bit tired.

Cheers

Ray

·
Ibumpedmyknee,icannotcont inue
2,066 Posts
I love the Stilo helmets. Although the Peltors are bad ass I think the Stilo helmets are a pinch better. This was based on a side by side evaluation. I've seen a lot of Peltor mics come back. Typically they will fail along the boom joints.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts