Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the CRS forum, an individual noted that Stig might be driving an Impreza at Ramada 2005. Any info on this? If so, what kind of Impreza? I'm not trying to start rumors, but I am interested if any semi-official info was released at Ramada.

Simon

·
Registered
907 Posts
David Sutton made an anouncement that Stig will contest a full championship series in one of his cars here in the US. Did not mention which series.

-george

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>Rally America

Oh my God! Really?

Now all we need is Michelle, John Buffum, and a few others.... I might actually go to a rally to spectate. (Not that the new guys aren't good, just there is something indescribably heroic about these people... for me).

Speaking of the old guys....

How is Bruno doing? What is he doing? Does he still have a VW dealership in NY?

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Rally America events eh?

Interesting....

I can think of one conflict this might pose.

Nothing quite like watching someone from the Group B era thrash a RS200, wonder if Mach2Racing is giving up on its quest to best PPIHC or just taking a year off again.....

I'd love to see blomquist in an imprezza but there is something special about seeing him in a rs200 that if this poses a conflict I'll sorely miss...

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Well Kevin if Stig isn't there in the RS200 we'll just have to settle for Brian's Audi. After a year to develop the car it's going to be like Group B X 10. New head work, better turbo, lower and further back on engine, new 6 speed tranny, new intercooler, radiator, and front end design. It will be amazing. I'd definitely miss the RS200 but I'm sure our friends from the Pacific will bring some impressive Unlimited cars again too. I just can't wait to be sitting at a Parc Expose with a rally legend. Hopefully it works out. Could be just what US Rallying needs this year.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Good for the USA?

Only if we are able to create the Seniors Tour akin to golf.

That is not derogetory comment about Stig, but if he comes he is likely to win easily and consistently. And that is not to say I would not love to see Stig compete regularly in the US, I would!

There are a few folks who have stepped up thier game since Stig completely annihilated the field at Maine Forest a few years ago.

Stig's consistency even last year in the group N car would have likely kept Pat in his dust or they would have closely swapped times(no offense intended to Pat).

Even if Stig was trading times with our best the general public would see a gentleman racer winning against young-guns and not understand the Skill and Legend that is Stig. In other words, a nice old man on the podium next to relative youngins' does not seem to send the right message to the right demographic.

$.02
Mike

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
>There are a few folks who have stepped up thier game since
>Stig completely annihilated the field at Maine Forest a few
>years ago.

Yah, but keep in mind that Stig's lead at the end of the friday stages was about 2m30s. And his final margin of victory was 2m30s. There's some Swedish saying about being "lagom" and not showing off too much. I'll bet a jar of pickled herring, a fifth of akvavit, and a six pack of Falcon Export that he could have beat a lot of people a lot harder, if he needed to.

I look forward to seeing him and Ana here.

- Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
What about axles and navigator?

Seems the half shafts and experience were the biggest problems last year....

And it sounds like Erica is done......

Oh yeah a little birdy told me there might be an impressive wrx from CO in PPO in 2005...

As for stig beating everybody its just a matter of how you sell it....
See US drivers go up against a living legend seems like a decent platform to sell rally from.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Bodnar???

Um, Mike - are you saying you want to ban old farts?

>In other words, a nice old man on the podium next to
>relative youngins' does not seem to send the right message
>to the right demographic.
>
>$.02
>Mike

press on,

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
RE: Bodnar???

>Um, Mike - are you saying you want to ban old farts?
>>
>press on,

Yeah, Jimmy had his BF Goodwrench labeled race suit somewhere around the time when I was in the learning to walk on my own phase. We can't ban him!

;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

I know Jimmy knows I meant no offense:p

Besides most of my Rally pals are bit older than me, we'd be nowhere without the wisdom and experience of those who have walked the planet for a few extra years...

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts

>Um, Mike - are you saying you want to ban old farts?
>
>>In other words, a nice old man on the podium next to
>>relative youngins' does not seem to send the right message
>>to the right demographic.
>>
>>$.02
>>Mike
>
>press on,

Why not, didn't they ban older cars too? ;)

<ducks and hides>

1 - 20 of 27 Posts