Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the problem, I wnat to install either a sparco or momo steering wheel in my project car (WRX) and I want to put in a quick release hub, I have seen a few in Demon Tweeks catalog but don't if it is legal or to be quite honest which one to get. IF anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don't get one that is just "6" sided like a Wilwood. There is a ton of slop in those. I have one...and hate it.

get a splined one. Spend an extra 100-150 bucks if you have to...making the car feel good through the steering wheel should be worth it.

what do you mean "legal?"
John

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was looking at teh splie ones in the Demon Tweeks catalog but wondered whether I would need any other parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
http://www.tekniqauto.com/

Tekniq Autosport sells a SNAP-OFF system that is a direct bolt-on to Import & Domestic cars. This system has a fine splined adapter hub that mounts directly to the factory splined shaft and allows centering without welding, it allows the horn to be retained with MOMO steering wheels as well as Tekniq steering wheels.
I have the street version with an OMP steering wheel on my car for over two years of daily use. The paint is worn but there is no play in the connection. There are three pin/dowels on the mounting surface and two radial pull pins on the circumference.
This system was developed in Europe and has TUV Approval.
They do not charge sales tax or shipping on orders to the U.S.

TEKNIQ AUTOSPORT
4511-3B Avenue
Edmonton Alberta T6L 5K9
CANADA
tel. (780)434-1222
fax (780)466-6081

1 - 6 of 6 Posts