Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polish driver Janusz Kulig the winner of Swedish Rally in N class is coming to Corona Mexico in March. I talk to some folks in Europe who are in the rally business?.word CNAR is coming more often as a name affiliate to rally in North America?

Jerry

Ability Rally racing

www.aafce.ca

removed the p.s.

·
Registered
768 Posts
- It's good they keep an eye on parts used and always tear down 3 top cars per class. In the US anything goes....

- It wasn't even a gram, it was the shape. You see;

You can have the same flywheel weight but if the outter edge looks like Swiss cheese and engine turn 7500 RPM there's 50% ROTATING weight difference...

- FIA is doing very good job polising Polish (an all others)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hmmmm interesting. It is going to be a very close fight between Canada and Mexico for world rally and I think Mexico has a bit of a lead. I would go to either one!

Skye Poier
Seattle, WA

Vive le Prole-le-Ralliat!
http://www.rallyrace.net/

·
Registered
706 Posts
RE: CNAR vs NARC

OK, so I understand the point of the WSRC, to keep driving distances down and create a championship for the unworthy masses of ClubRallyists (great idea)

But, I don't really understand the history, or the purpose, or the rewards of the CNAR or NARC championships. The websites aren't too helpful either (hey guys how about a "charter" or "mandate" page like wsrally.org)

Can someone explain more?

Skye Poier
Seattle, WA

Vive le Prole-le-Ralliat!
http://www.rallyrace.net/

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
RE: NARC

>But, I don't really understand the history, or the purpose,
>or the rewards of the CNAR or NARC championships. The
>websites aren't too helpful either (hey guys how about a
>"charter" or "mandate" page like wsrally.org)

The NARC championship is a SCCA/CARS championship that has a lot of history but a pretty arcane scoring method. It has been around since 1976. You have to enter at least two Canadian nationals and two SCCA ProRallies to qualify, and you can score a maximum of six events of which a minimum of two have to come from each country. It has an overall championship (for any class) and class championships for GpN, PGT/P4, and P/P1/P2/P3. It tends to be undersubscribed in competitors, although the list of overall winners is pretty exclusive:

John Buffum - 9 times
Taisto Heinonen - 3 times
Paul Choiniere - 3 times
Bruno Kreibich - 2 times
Carl Merrill - 3 times
Frank Sprongl - 4 times
Karl Scheible - 1 time
Tom McGeer - 2 times

The charter/purpose of the NARC is described in the SCCA rulebook (9.4) or the CARS rulebook (NRR XV.A).

Adrian

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
>Topi,
>
>You missed my point...and I wonder who removed the same post
>from CNAR forum...

Well, it wasn't me.

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
>Polish driver Janusz Kulig the winner of Swedish Rally in N
>class is coming to Corona Mexico in March. I talk to some
>folks in Europe who are in the rally business?.word CNAR
>is coming more often as a name affiliate to rally in North
>America?
>
>Jerry
>
>Ability Rally racing
>
>www.aafce.ca
>
>removed the p.s.

KULIG came in 5th in class!!!
Where do people get their info from?

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
RE: NARC

>Does the NARC have a website?

No, mainly because it is an under-promoted part of the SCCA and CARS championships. I don't believe the standings are even posted anywhere. I basically kept track of my points from the CARS mailings. Usually this is very easy by the end of the season, since very few people qualify for the championship. For example, I was second in the PGT codrivers last year :), but there were only two qualifying codrivers in PGT :(.

>Searching for "NARC" in Google doesn't quite work ;)

No, I would think not ;-)

Adrian

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts