Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>Thanks for the link.

Agreed, although it is far from a financial statement by any stretch of the imagination.

>Does that make everyone feel better now?

To some extent. It seems to imply that the average 'profit' per event is in the $2000 range, which would then go to pay the (unspecified) startup costs and the cost of the notes used by the initial investor teams, as well as providing seed money for next year. It doesn't appear to be particularly out of line.

I think we owe the five investor teams thanks for providing us with the opportunity for course note experience this year.

Adrian

·
Registered
946 Posts
>>Thanks for the link.
>
>Agreed, although it is far from a financial statement by any
>stretch of the imagination.
>
>>Does that make everyone feel better now?
>
>To some extent. It seems to imply that the average 'profit'
>per event is in the $2000 range, which would then go to pay
>the (unspecified) startup costs and the cost of the notes
>used by the initial investor teams, as well as providing
>seed money for next year. It doesn't appear to be
>particularly out of line.
>
>I think we owe the five investor teams thanks for providing
>us with the opportunity for course note experience this
>year.
>
>Adrian

What I got out of it, is that the conspiracy of SCCA making a ton of bucks off the backs of the competitors isn't true. What profit there is is going to an escrow account.

Like I said before. Give it a full year for them to know whats going on, and then they may or may not adjust the fee. It only takes losing big on a couple of rally's to make up for STPR/Maine. $150 bucks still seems like a pretty good deal to be on even footing with the local guys that have driven the same roads for years.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hmm...well...what I got out of it is that the PRB really does read SpecialStage! ;-)

But seriously, it doesn't really say much. For example, how much did the original "investors" put into the program? What do the costs really include?

Now, I am not looking for the PRB or anyone else to answer these questions, just saying that what was published really isn't financial accountability.

But, it's nice to see that there is a Stage Notes "lock box", and hopefully it's not like the Social Security lock box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts