Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the ACM website last night and found this in the latest press release

"The organiser of the Rallye Automobile Monte-Carlo, the Automobile Club de Monaco, has been obliged to change the itinerary of the first leg of the event in order to comply with the new regulations of the World Rallies Championship of the Féderation Internationale de l' Automobile which will come into force in 2005.

The regulations provide that a single parc d'assistance be provided and that the total distance of the timed stages be reduced."

Reduce the total distance of the timed stages? Whats next - 15 stages on a round track? In addition looking at the stage schedule some stages are repeated 3 and 4 times? The whole concept of rally is being lost here!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I totally agree. However, the reality is that this unfortunate metamorphosis has been going on for some time now. I mean rallies should have night time stages and inclement weather should not turn drivers off. Although I have a great deal of respect for Markko Martin, he was wining prior to either Corsica or Catalunya about the problems associated with changeable weather conditions. What's up with that?

As for Monte Carlo, this rally should have long stages as well as long legs - with a return of the "Night of Long Knives!" But that's nothing more than a dream these days!!

Simon

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts
>As for Monte Carlo, this rally should have long stages as
>well as long legs - with a return of the "Night of Long
>Knives!" But that's nothing more than a dream these days!!

As are the 80-120km Corsica stages...

If I remember, I'll look in my rally annuals for the Monte stuff - I have all the Rallycourse and World Rallying annuals, so hopefully the information is hiding in them.

Adrian

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Unless you are reading something I am not Marko was complaining about tire choice and the changable weather conditions. Complaining but not so much about driving but more about the tire rule IMO. They had to gamble weeks in advance on conditions to be able to pick tire compounds and tread patterns then they had to guess before the set of stages on what the conditions were an possibly conserve tires. That stuff sucks, and thats what I remember seeing the most drivers complain about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts