Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on what happened? Mechanical? His bad luck continues. Sorry for you Pat but atleast you got some seat time and experience.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It says mechanical on the website. I asked WRC.com to check it out and they said that they would find out what happened and let us know on the air. What does pat have to do to get some luck?!? unbeleivably bad luck this year!

John

EDIT: Just read on Pat's site...It was another transmission problem... :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
I would agree that this sucks that it happened, but this has nothing to do with luck.

It has to do with an Engineering flaw of some sort in that manufactureres transmission or gear set or that Pat is simply very hard on transmissions.

Toshi Arai, Martin Rowe and Stig Blomquist all ran the Subaru's and I don't think they had on event trans. failures......however, I wasn't at a single WRC event so I could be full of crap.

Brian

·
Dramamine is for DramaQueens
4,813 Posts
The failure, this time , appears to be the same one that sidelined Toshi Arai in Austrailia, on the same make of gearbox. For the record, these are dog gearsets that are not manufactured by subaru.

·
Registered
10 Posts
>I would agree that this sucks that it happened, but this has
>nothing to do with luck.
>
>It has to do with an Engineering flaw of some sort in that
>manufactureres transmission or gear set or that Pat is
>simply very hard on transmissions.

>
>Toshi Arai, Martin Rowe and Stig Blomquist all ran the
>Subaru's and I don't think they had on event trans.
>failures......however, I wasn't at a single WRC event so I
>could be full of crap.
>
>Brian

I think you hit the nail on the head there. He pushes hard, its too bad its the gearbox that takes the brunt of it. Mind you, its given his crew plenty of chances to beat Prodrives tranny swap time. What was their last time? 15 minutes if i recall correctly.

Better luck next time Pat, and after going for a ride in your Canadian car, i have to say, you're one lucky guy. Incredible doesn't begin to describe it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I know Pat has an important and long standing relationship with Subaru of Canada but it would be great to see what he can do in a car that does not break!!

Skye

1 - 9 of 9 Posts